All things BBQ and Braai

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Picanha

Who'd a thunk 18 months ago it seemed like no one knew about this cut, & now we're sticking it on a braai every other week instead of fillet (& if you haven't tried it then definitely get some, but read up on how to cook it in the BBQ)

It is Lush

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Picanha

Who'd a thunk 18 months ago it seemed like no one knew about this cut, & now we're sticking it on a braai every other week instead of fillet (& if you haven't tried it then definitely get some, but read up on how to cook it in the BBQ)

It is Lush

I got a couple from Sainsbury's the other week, they were superb ? not seen them anywhere since.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We bought a big four burner gas barbecue in the end, at the end of May (think I mentioned it in the discussion on another thread before you started this). We've only used it once since.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Took your time like ?
Had to do it right.

I’ve even got a wood supplier who can supply me with proper South African wood species like Mopani, Kameeldooring, Rooikraans and Sickle Bush. Got to be proper.

Got a blacksmith sorting out a 2 leaf braai grid stand which can be used for a basket grid too.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Had to do it right.

I’ve even got a wood supplier who can supply me with proper South African wood species like Mopani, Kameeldooring, Rooikraans and Sickle Bush. Got to be proper.

Got a blacksmith sorting out a 2 leaf braai grid stand which can be used for a basket grid too.

Where are you gonna put the gas bottle? :ROFLMAO:

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
In all likely hood, rule of 6 and so on, you might celebrate Xmas in the garden anyway ;-)
what do you pay for the wood in that? Looks solid/expensive in the materials.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My missus has a pergola on order, due to be fitted in the next week or two. Apparently we will be sat out under it, bbq going, lights a plenty, rugs on knees throughout Christmas and winter ?.

I've pointed out that living in the NE we will need more than a rug, 2 duvets and 3 rugs per person minimum is my reckoning, but apparently I'm just miserable ?.

I will definitely need to be more adventurous with my bbq food. Winter bbq seems different to summer for some reason.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
In all likely hood, rule of 6 and so on, you might celebrate Xmas in the garden anyway ;-)
what do you pay for the wood in that? Looks solid/expensive in the materials.

It wasn't too bad, 9 sleepers at about £17 each, some basic power tools (belt sander and circular saw), fixings and 2 litres of teak oil, all in I'd say well under £250. It's not perfect but I didn't want it to be, I've hidden the worst flaws in the sleepers underneath and tried to embrace the other bits. Just loads of planning and hard work, think it's paid off though ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My missus has a pergola on order, due to be fitted in the next week or two. Apparently we will be sat out under it, bbq going, lights a plenty, rugs on knees throughout Christmas and winter ?.

I've pointed out that living in the NE we will need more than a rug, 2 duvets and 3 rugs per person minimum is my reckoning, but apparently I'm just miserable ?.

I will definitely need to be more adventurous with my bbq food. Winter bbq seems different to summer for some reason.

?
I have a pergola planned for half of my decking so I can cook under it all weather. You need a fire pit mate, game changer ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
?
I have a pergola planned for half of my decking so I can cook under it all weather. You need a fire pit mate, game changer ?
Fire pit is next on the buy list. Have you gone cast iron or saved cash and gone steel?

Recommendations on what to burn? I like the idea of these coffee logs, nice smell? I've also got my eye on a swedish log, they look good.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fire pit is next on the buy list. Have you gone cast iron or saved cash and gone steel?

Recommendations on what to burn? I like the idea of these coffee logs, nice smell? I've also got my eye on a swedish log, they look good.

I'm on the lookout for a new firepit at the minute, something more windproof. I'm also trying to find out the best "smokeless" fuel to burn, the firepit will now be nearer the neighbours house so I can't be having masses of smoke going over his way.
*Google's Swedish log* ?