All courses must close

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
I personally believe this to be the right decision. The public can't be trusted.

A couple intolerant and angry posters on here couldn't handle that question being asked, so it's good the governing bodies have stepped in so quickly.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Greenkeeping staff
England Golf guidance

s.gif

In order to provide clarification for golf clubs following on from the Prime Minister’s statement of 23 March, we are able to inform you of the following:
  • For security and essential maintenance purposes, greenkeeping staff can still attend work.

brfcfan

Visit site
I personally believe this to be the right decision. The public can't be trusted.

A couple intolerant and angry posters on here couldn't handle that question being asked, so it's good the governing bodies have stepped in so quickly.

But in the same breath the govt want us to exercise. The issue was with idiots in parks and open spaces, holes on golf courses keep people apart naturally. What is the difference me playing golf on my own and someone going for a run? I know why they have done it because its easier to have a carte blanche ban but unnecessary IMO

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would going to some local greenspace and practicing chipping and pitching count as my once a day outdoor exercise????

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Apparently Dysons are better for full shots muscle memory, but the shark is better for the short game chips and pitches, due to its better manoueverability.

In these dire times I think you need to post some photos to back up your comments, :cool:

Can't believe courses have closed but weirdly pleased that they acted so quickly to avoid confusion or issues.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In these dire times I think you need to post some photos to back up your comments, :cool:

Can't believe courses have closed but weirdly pleased that they acted so quickly to avoid confusion or issues.

Think Freddie Mercury in the video "I want to break free", without the tache, a bit more cuddly, but better legs.

I'd like to see these young lads of today negotiate a classic Hoover 6225C fully round the house and up the stairs. None of your lightweight materials/graphene/aluminium crossovers with their fancy kick points. Common-or garden off the shelf for all of us - Dont know the're born.download.jpg

sunshine

Visit site
Think Freddie Mercury in the video "I want to break free", without the tache, a bit more cuddly, but better legs.

I'd like to see these young lads of today negotiate a classic Hoover 6225C fully round the house and up the stairs. None of your lightweight materials/graphene/aluminium crossovers with their fancy kick points. Common-or garden off the shelf for all of us - Dont know the're born.View attachment 29463

Crow will be along in a minute with a vintage dustpan and brush

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Crow will be along in a minute with a vintage dustpan and brush

Nick will have a Broomstick made with Canadian Redwood twigs, tied together with diplodocus gut.

Anyway this is old news, the new one is all about gaining extra length, instead of muscle memory. I can see Dustin Johnson now " I started to use my old nan's mangle - gained me 28 yards - who needs a gym".