Alignment, anyone crack the code or am I doomed?!

U

User62651

I'm guessing most of us do very little shot shaping at all, we all have a natural shot shape. Nice to have the option but good ball striking is hard enough without mucking about with shaping, at least for those higher than a 3 handicap or so I'd think. If you're shaping shots to get at flags from the safer approach side of the green i.e, playing the percentages, you are of a pretty high standard imo.
Coming back to golf this year I'll be just looking for consistent strikes that are hopefully straightish.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots of good food for thought here folks - thanks!!! Certainly need to change my procedure/attitude to practice in this regard.

Much obliged - and keep em coming.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Just add one point that I struggled with for a while until my pro sorted me out - I was aligning club face and feet OK, but tended to open my shoulders a little, promoting a slight fade rather than my natural draw.

Still have to focus on it, especially with driver, and consciously ensuring shoulders align with hips does feel quite odd to me - makes me feel like my shoulders are closed and I am a bit twisted, although videos show I'm not.