Aldila rip 60 a

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
That's the shaft I was specced for a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, it sat somewhere between a reg and a stiff. I'm no expect about shaft specs, though I'm sure that one will be along shortly.

I think Imurg had this shaft in his 910 a couple of years ago. I can't remember how he got on with it.

If you ever think about selling the shaft alone, let me know, I might be interested.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
In what way not get on with it?

Too high? Too low? Too stiff/soft Miss left/right? Too spinny/ Not enough Spin

How far do you hit it? How hard do you swing? Flowing or Slash? Quick or slow Transition? Armsy or Body type swing?

What colour are the eyes in the skull btw Red Green or Gold?

Last edited:

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
No worries hh it's yours if you want it.
Red eyes in skull, it just doesn't feel right in this head. I had same shaft in my callaway and it went lovely. At the moment I'm getting a lot of different results mostly im just blocking it! Or hitting a slice.
It goes far enough but doesn't feel smooth.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
No worries hh it's yours if you want it.
Red eyes in skull, it just doesn't feel right in this head. I had same shaft in my callaway and it went lovely. At the moment I'm getting a lot of different results mostly im just blocking it! Or hitting a slice.
It goes far enough but doesn't feel smooth.
That's the Alpha then (the 'a' in the title wasn't typo)

Worth trying a different example of the same shaft? Or even an R? Could be that you got a stiffer one for the D3 than the Cally?Titleist Made fors are generally pretty good 'true to type'. Not certain about Callys, so the Cally may have actually been softer than what it stated. Shouldn't be too difficult with the 910 being adjustable/swappable

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
No def not typo fh lol.
It's a real deal shaft, not a made for, the cally was a made for so must be some diff.
Just wondering if set up is playing a part too. Was always protecting a hook with the cally, I hit a good solid ball with my irons, s300 shafts, soft draw is normal. Used to have a 6.0 in the driver before the cally and hit it solid too straightish, but could fade it or draw it if I tried. Maybe that gives a bit more back ground.
Thanks again

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Finding the PX 6.0 (presumably Blue?) 'smoother' than the RIP is fairly common.

If your ego can take it, I'd suggest you try a R Rip -any Pro with a Titleist fitting cart should have one.

Otherwise keep checking Ebay for PX with Titleist - or even consider an Ebay 913 folloed by Ebay ing the 910! Could be the start of quite a trail though!

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks mate. It was a black px 6.0 felt great. I just don't get this shaft though I've tried swinging smooth which give indifferent results but when I swing hard I'm gettin a big high fade. Toying with idea of setting the head to draw.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks mate. It was a black px 6.0 felt great. I just don't get this shaft though I've tried swinging smooth which give indifferent results but when I swing hard I'm gettin a big high fade. Toying with idea of setting the head to draw.

I couldnt get on with it at all. I was getting the same shot shape off a good swing, I swapped to an X stiff shaft (its also a 75g shaft) and lost the high fade overnight.