Air shots (again)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
So are air shots on the tee still counting? Asking for a friend

Many years ago, after an incident in a Seniors match, I mentioned to one of our team in the bar afterwards that I had been 4 off the tee on a notoriously tricky driving hole. He said there's no such thing as 4 off the tee. I said, there is if you have an air shot, then put your next shot OOB.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Just musing - but what about if your opponent deliberately tried to put you off?
No difference, unless your intent to strike the ball changed during the downswing and you avoid striking the ball by deliberately stopping the clubhead before it reaches the ball or, if unable to stop, by deliberately missing the ball.
(from the definition of "stroke" in the Rule book)

Steven Rules

Visit site
Just musing - but what about if your opponent deliberately tried to put you off?
Still a stroke, but.....

The Committee may disqualify a player for acting contrary to the spirit of the game if it finds that the player has committed serious misconduct. “Serious misconduct” is player behaviour that is so far removed from what is expected in golf that the most severe sanction of removing a player from the competition is justified. (1.2a)

Examples of actions by a player that are likely to be considered serious misconduct include:.......Deliberately distracting other players while they are making strokes. (Clarification 1.2a/1)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No difference, unless your intent to strike the ball changed during the downswing and you avoid striking the ball by deliberately stopping the clubhead before it reaches the ball or, if unable to stop, by deliberately missing the ball.
(from the definition of "stroke" in the Rule book)
Yes like Tiger in the masters.
” I delibaretly missed as a bird flew past”
Now Tiger is good enough to do that , but would the average senior get away with it.? 😂😂😉