AG vrs Silvermere fittings

OneEyeRon

Hacker
Visit site
Guys,

The time has come for me to replace my Nike Pro Combo Irons.

I've been fitted for woods before at Silvermere so know the service they provide is excellent, however I have £200 in vouchers at AG. So my question would be how extensive is the AG fitting? I fear that the staff are not knowledgeable enough and as much as I like to think I know it all, I definitely appreciate some (non-commission based) advice.

I'd appreciate any tales of experiences.

Cheers

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Pay for the fitting at Silvermere; buy the irons at AG?

Everyone's a winner?

Do you really need to replace the Pro Combos though? :whistle:

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Guys,

The time has come for me to replace my Nike Pro Combo Irons.

I've been fitted for woods before at Silvermere so know the service they provide is excellent, however I have £200 in vouchers at AG. So my question would be how extensive is the AG fitting? I fear that the staff are not knowledgeable enough and as much as I like to think I know it all, I definitely appreciate some (non-commission based) advice.

I'd appreciate any tales of experiences.

Cheers

Get the fitting done at Silvermere then order the clubs though American Golf

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Is that you Mrs OneEyedRon?

:rofl:

Can't see the point in shelling out heaps of dosh for only marginal gain! Plenty of other (golf-related!) things to spend that sort of dosh on! My nearly 20 year old Miura forged irons are plenty good enough for many years yet, and the same irons in my spare bag work just as well! About £50 each set from memory!

But get the fitting done and see what benefit, if any, you would get by changing.

Oh! Note that it's important that you don't simply compare like numbered clubs, but check specs , particularly loft! Manufacturers have generally reduced loft by at least 1 club, adjusting Centre of Gravity of the head to compensate. So a current is likely to play like a couple of years old 6 iron! It's only the head weights that will match (within a gram or so) for same numbered heads across 2 sets!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd definitely go to Silvermere for the fitting. Very thorough and a good range of clubs and shafts to try. Get your specs and then order via AG. Having had bad experiences I'd not use AG again but I've been to Silvermere as have a number of members at my club and we've all had a good time