After impact!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well i said i was going to stay away for a while but its hard to talk golf related topics here at home to people who has either no interest or havent a clue what im on about.......

Anyway.....Before i forget and i know that its a little long in the tooth but "Happy New Year " to you all......

Sooooooo.....To my question........
Is there any meaning in what you are about to read ........
There is an underlying question that i have but id be interested to see the answers to this Blogs description first......

http://3jack.blogspot.ie/2010/12/why-cp-and-why-cf.html

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personally if I don't keep the arms connected I tend to hit a big hook as my arms over rotate. As the blog states its all about timing being spot on, when my timing is good I can boom one out there with driver, when not its a big pull hook.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Sooooooo.....To my question........
Is there any meaning in what you are about to read ........

http://3jack.blogspot.ie/2010/12/why-cp-and-why-cf.html

Yes... they are badly/loosely named :D

The CP release is supposed to represtent (argumentatively) centripetal force and the CF release is supposed to be centrifugal force which is a force that doesn't even exist.

An arm swing is generally thought of as CF and a body swing is more CP. What is your 'underlying' question?

3Jacks blog is generally pretty good, a lot of stuff on there is worth reading although he did go through a bit of a 'love in' stage with Brian Manzella for a while. That probably doesn't mean a lot to anyone though :p

Last edited:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes... they are badly/loosely named :D

The CP release is supposed to represtent (argumentatively) centripetal force and the CF release is supposed to be centrifugal force which is a force that doesn't even exist.

An arm swing is generally thought of as CF and a body swing is more CP. What is your 'underlying' question?

3Jacks blog is generally pretty good, a lot of stuff on there is worth reading although he did go through a bit of a 'love in' stage with Brian Manzella for a while. That probably doesn't mean a lot to anyone though :p

Its kind of hard to explain James but from looking at those 2 pictures in the Blog my Pro wants me swinging more like the one on the right.....Arms down the ball to target line.... and at the moment I swing much similar to the one on the left......I find it very hard to swing my hands up high through the finish....Now i dont know if this is through lack of flexibility, ( for the record im not mahoooosive ) but i would think im flexible enough....
I just find it physically demanding to finish high and much like some of the Pro's where they look a little bent over after the ball has gone.....
I think im starting to nail the in to out part of what he wants my swing plane to look like....Its slow but im getting there.....But i find it very hard to throw my hands down the target line before they go left....
I know changing a swing path will be tough and wont happen overnight but i prefer swinging round my body rather than up and down....If that makes sense.:confused:

I feel much more comfortable swinging through the ball but finishing rather straightish in posture over my left leg.....

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Down the line like that is much more a 2-plane thing... steeper narrower arm swing, more upright at address and flatter shoulder turn, are you on a 2 plane swing now? the arms tend to swing down the line more as the shoulders are trailing the hip turn rather than being sync'ed together in a one-plane swing.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Down the line like that is much more a 2-plane thing... steeper narrower arm swing, more upright at address and flatter shoulder turn, are you on a 2 plane swing now? the arms tend to swing down the line more as the shoulders are trailing the hip turn rather than being sync'ed together in a one-plane swing.

Not anywhere near that James......If you physically tried to get my hands and arms higher than my shoulder plane in the backswing i dont think you could manage it....Not sure why....But i cant get my left arm above my right shoulder without bending it severely at the elbow or completely taking my right elbow away from my side and even then i dont seem to have enough mobility in the shoulder joint......

Im definitely a one planer not through choice but naturally i think.....

My driver swing is much more upright than the Irons which is ok i suppose being that its longer but even with this in my hand at the top of the backswing the left arm is either on or just below the shoulder plane........I think if someone held a gun at me i wouldnt be able to get my arms above my shoulders.....:rofl:

Dont know if this helps and the drawing is a bit play schoolish but this is the shape and direction of at least 90% of my divots with anything longer than a 8 iron......

View attachment 4138

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Not anywhere near that James......If you physically tried to get my hands and arms higher than my shoulder plane in the backswing i dont think you could manage it....Not sure why....But i cant get my left arm above my right shoulder without bending it severely at the elbow or completely taking my right elbow away from my side and even then i dont seem to have enough mobility in the shoulder joint......

Im definitely a one planer not through choice but naturally i think.....

If that is truly the case then you should be exiting more left (exiting left with the grip and low hands, instead of straight with high hands)

I was about to post this picture... funnily enough it's a guy who is one-plane backswing and two-plane downswing... his hands have to go to the right as his shoulders are pointing to the right (closed)... but just look where his hips are! Can you imagine swinging like that??? It's X-factor on steroids!!

xfax.gif

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
If my hips were at that angle i can safely say that there is no way on this earth that you would see my hands in the picture....They'd be gone well left......

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I've just seen your edit....

It's awkward for me as you are working closely with your pro, I think it's probably better if you have a chat with him. If I remember rightly you took the club too flat to the inside, had some early extension and a bit of a chicken wing... you can PM me your swing vid if you REALLY want to :whistle:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Swinger posted his swing vid in a thread below, he's more of an arm swinger with a 2-plane action, tiny hip turn, overswing, flattish shoulder plane, high hands through impact moving away from the body on the downswing, right elbow disconnects, hips open 30 degrees - shoulders open 10 degrees, hands go more 'down the line'.

Actually here it is....

[video=youtube;odjP2spfiNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=odjP2spfiNU[/video]

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just seen your edit....

It's awkward for me as you are working closely with your pro, I think it's probably better if you have a chat with him. If I remember rightly you took the club too flat to the inside, had some early extension and a bit of a chicken wing... you can PM me your swing vid if you REALLY want to :whistle:

Ill hold off for a while James....I was just curious about that blog.......I have another lesson soon anyway so im sure he'll steer me in the right direction....