Advice on swing

Bazzab18

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi guys

From other posts I have noticed some really good advice for those who have upload their swing, so I am hoping to do the same.

Link is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEBdxJcv2EY

Look forward to any comments/advice.

For info, handicap is 17 and I play with a little fade (which I would like to change to a draw but unsuccessful!!)

Cheers

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
I am no means good with a club so dont take what i say as gospel but do you fat and thin the ball much? Have a look at you weight distribution at impact, you dont seem to have shifted your weight onto your front foot. If you dont have a problem with fatting it and thinning it then ignore what i said, lol

Bob will be along shortly to say i am totally wrong :) lol

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I think it's a very good swing from that view.
However, changing the fade to a draw would take months and lots of hard work. How often do you practice?

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's 2 seconds long..... Got fed up of reloading it on my iPhone!! :) ;)

Like Bob said! ;)

I can see why you fade it, I'll leave this one to Bob. :)

Bazzab18

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi guys

Thanks for posts. Bob I play on average 2 times a week and try to have 1-2 sessions of practice (2 hours; mixture of range chipping and putting).

Sorry about length of clip, I can add a larger file with a couple of swings if that would help with viewing??

Also, do you guys track your scores? I use a website (rival to this forum) to track my scores and wondered if giving some stats here would be helpful (ie greens in reg etc).

Could you elaborate lostheplot on why I am fading? Would appreciate the feedback.

Cheers

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It was just the angle of the club at top of backswing. It wasn't a major thing so don't worry. Would be nice for a few hits from back and side positions.

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
Looks like your left leg straightens on the backswing... everything I've read (and been told) hints at keeping that leg braced.

Nice swing tho! :)

Bazzab18

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks both, 2 great points that I agree with. I recorded this swing approx 3 weeks ago and have since been trying to maintain the bend in the left leg and looking to avoid such a flat position at top of backswing. Another point I am trying to incorporate is more wrist hinge in back swing.

I will record swing this week and try to get a few more samples up, with behind and side on.

Thought some info on stats would be a useful discussion point:

Last 5 rounds total:

Last 5 rounds putting:

Last 5 rounds fairway %:

Last 5 rounds greens in reg %:

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking at the clip, a couple of items leap out. Backswing is inside plane and shallow. This gives rise to a flat right arm at top that pushes your left hip out, straight leg and a noticeable head dip. The downswing is a bit more on plane, but has to recover the upswing fault, leading to inconsistent strikes and a definite fade.

A good drill to solve the upswing is broken into three parts. Assuming good grip, the first part is the horizontal takeaway so that shaft is parallel to target and club head sole line is vertical; hands should be at upper thigh level. Second is to hinge wrists so that butt of club is pointing to the ball; this sets the plane. Third is a rotation of shoulders to top so that shoulders are 90 degs and club is parallel to target.

This drill needs to be done in slowly, repeating the three stages individually. Then piece together slowly. Mix practice with occasional ball hitting, so that you groove it correctly. This drill will need patience and work, so use vids to check progress.

Hope this helps! Feel free to use or ignore! :cool:

Bazzab18

Medal Winner
Visit site
Fair play piece that is pretty impressive. I decided to go get a lesson, and this evening got my swing analysed. The pro said I had 3 main faults to address and you have got pretty close to those. They were;
1. Ensure right arm is close to chest and that both arms and chest move as unit.
2. I dip my right shoulder on the backswing which forces slot of other things out of place, but mainly that I am tilting forward on the backswing and then tilting backward (head up) on down swing.
3. Advised to try to keep hands in front of head club on first part of backswing. Didn't understand this so much initially but I think he means not to take club back on the inside so much.

All in all a great lesson, just need to put drills into practice. I will post a new video with my new swing in a week :)

Piece you could be making money out of this!!! :)
Cheers for advice

BogeyHole

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
3. Advised to try to keep hands in front of head club on first part of backswing. Didn't understand this so much initially but I think he means not to take club back on the inside so much.

I'd check this with him, I think he might be suggesting something else.

:D

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fair play piece that is pretty impressive. I decided to go get a lesson, and this evening got my swing analysed. The pro said I had 3 main faults to address and you have got pretty close to those. They were;
1. Ensure right arm is close to chest and that both arms and chest move as unit.
2. I dip my right shoulder on the backswing which forces slot of other things out of place, but mainly that I am tilting forward on the backswing and then tilting backward (head up) on down swing.

All in all a great lesson, just need to put drills into practice. I will post a new video with my new swing in a week :)

Piece you could be making money out of this!!! :)
Cheers for advice

No worries! :cool:

Stick with the drills you've been given - it will take good practice and TIME for it to be natural. Good luck and look forward to seeing updated vids. :D