Advice on path with different clubs please

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am thinking I know the answer already but can I get a little sanity check please.

My path numbers are great from 5 iron up to driver but below that I get very in to out, the shorter the club the more in to out I seem to get.

This is normal? This is a problem?

Thanks

Alex

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Is it normal?.... not really. Most people get too steep with the short irons as they are prone to have an 'over the top' swing. You sound the opposite and likely are too flat with your shorter irons. Your swing plane should be steeper as the shaft length reduces but not soooo steep that you start swinging OTT on the downswing. Normally the fault lies in the takeaway or initial spine angle at set up (standing too tall). You could possibly have the ball too far back in your stance... hard to tell without seeing.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it normal?.... not really. Most people get too steep with the short irons as they are prone to have an 'over the top' swing. You sound the opposite and likely are too flat with your shorter irons. Your swing plane should be steeper as the shaft length reduces but not soooo steep that you start swinging OTT on the downswing. Normally the fault lies in the takeaway or initial spine angle at set up (standing too tall). You could possibly have the ball too far back in your stance... hard to tell without seeing.

Cool, when you coming over then?