Active/ inactive members

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
This is a serious thread about active / inactive members! Please start a new sock fitting thread if you wish to be frivolous.

I would assume that GolfMonthly can send out spam.... Oops, I mean important emails with promotional material in them... to an awful lot of email addresses, even if those people never post.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No spell checker on your input device, or is this a word I'm not familiar with?

I assumed that he missed out a "-", and he meant to write de-eloping. As in, he was previously eloping, but was stopping that process and backtracking.

I'm not sure why he mentioned it, but it could explain why he didn't post for a few hours, and had a nervouse twitch.

Or of course he meant developing, but clearly that was too obvious for you

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been a member since July 2012, with odd months away from the forum when things get a bit heated. I do often see some of the worse possible thread topics being started - including this weekends 'Towels and Stand Bags' thread asking for advice on how to attach a towel to a bag? Jesus, is it that tough?

Saying that, I've always been in the mentality of if you don't like it, don't post in it. People who post on a thread just to tell everyone they thin the OP is stupid really grinds my gears.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
So what you are saying is - i shouldnt really start a thread asking what are the best socks to buy :whistle:

Speaking of socks, I invested in a quite expensive pair of waterproof socks and they're brilliant. Playing on a very wet course a while ago I stepped into the rough & the water came right over the tops of my shoes. I felt a cold inrush of water but, after a few minutes my feet had warmed the water to body temperature & I felt completely comfortable for the rest of the round. Mind you, they don't do them in pink.

Damn, I've just hijacked my own thread!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
There are forums which tells how long in total a member has been online/logged on. I shall go and check on another (non-golf) one and come back.

it says "1 Week, 2 Days, 5 Hours"...

Quite a long time then, except about 1 week of that is just having the window open. :)

Some forums also tell you likes received and given. We should have a "like" button.

HugeFBLike.jpg

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Speaking of socks, I invested in a quite expensive pair of waterproof socks and they're brilliant. Playing on a very wet course a while ago I stepped into the rough & the water came right over the tops of my shoes. I felt a cold inrush of water but, after a few minutes my feet had warmed the water to body temperature & I felt completely comfortable for the rest of the round. Mind you, they don't do them in pink.

Yip you should put a sock in it, black ones of course "MANINBLACKSOCKS" :thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I'm glad someone started a thread about socks!

I bought a pair of Sealskinz waterproof socks last year and the are the dogs danglies.

When is someone going to start an active/inactive member thread by the way?

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm glad someone started a thread about socks!

I bought a pair of Sealskinz waterproof socks last year and the are the dogs danglies.

When is someone going to start an active/inactive member thread by the way?

Have a pair myself. Use them when beach fishing. Not bothered if the sea goes over my boots my feet stay dry.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If the socks are waterproof, how do you wash them? :)