Acclaimed TV shows you just don't 'get'

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Bottom is a comedy I don't understand. Our housemate thinks it's hilarious and puts it on sometimes, I just never laugh at anything in it. I liked Rik Mayall in general, but Bottom I just didn't get at all.

Thought it was hilarious 25 years ago but now... we’ll it hasn’t aged well, like the “Young ones” I watch it now and remember laughing like a drain when I was younger but now it’s a bit cringeworthy!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched Breaking Bad all the way through but it was a slog.

I’ve tried three times now to get into the Sopranos but just don’t get it.

Gavin and Stacey is pure mind rot. James Corden is stealing a living on TV.

i thought all three were brilliant although Breaking Bad took a bit of getting into

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I loved Sons of Anarchy possibly my favourite ever series. It's also about the only thing Charlie Hunnam was any good in.

I need to add another to my list..

Dr Who... Tried to like it but just bores me to tears and its trying to hard to be entertaining and quirky but it's just not.

also loved Sons of Anarchy

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah Miranda was flipping terrible. Along the same lines (primetime terrestrial 'comedies' that were about as funny as having a colonoscopy) - My Family, and Citizen Kahn. So, so bad.

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
As a sad anorak archive TV fan... Minder should have had most things I like about a TV series in but does nothing for me, now or then. If there was a God he would have struck down anyone remotely associated with On The Buses or Last Of The Summer Wine before having the shows inflicted upon us.

Of modern tv...well it is really all crap but Doctor Who desperately needs putting out of its misery.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I did like Jimmy Carr's view on the new Doctor. It was the first time he'd seen a Northern girl in a telephone box with her knickers on.