AC/DC

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been fortunate enough to have been given a couple of AC/DC tickets for their gig at Hampden next week.
I was wondering if anyone else has been to see them this year already and can tell me what to expect. I've got to say that I'm not their greatest fan, but I think they're ok and I'm really looking forward to it.
Should I wear ear plugs?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
You think they're okay! Gimme the tickets!! :D

I saw a tribute AC/DC band at The Brook in Southampton. They were flipping good. So I'd expect the real deal to be even better.

It might be worth reminding youself of their more well known tracks. It will make the gig more enjoyable when you recognise something.

I'm very envious. Enjoy.

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
I saw them many years ago, getting tickets this time was impossible due to ticketmaster hogging a lot of tickets themselves.

Best concert ever imo, not so sure being outdoors though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My mate is going to a gig (London I think) so I'll ask him on facebook later what he thought.

HH I love the Brook. Is it OK now as it was going to close down a few years back if I'm not mistaken. I often go when my mate Fish plays there

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Homer.

I've not been for several years now. But I love small venues like The Brook and The Wedgewood Rooms in Portsmouth.

We used to live just down the road from The Brook. Awesome for a good evenings entertainment. So much better than some pretentious pricey nightclub. I'm surprised that you know of it!

Oh. The things I would do right now if I wasn't blessed with my delightful family!

Only kidding. I love 'em really.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sounds a bit like Friar's Club in Aylesbury - long gone now.
AC/DC? Hot'n'sweaty, down'n'dirty.
You lucky git!!!!

Saw them years ago with Bon Scott and they were fantastic.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Should be a good gig; just make sure you don't get stuck for hours in traffic jams trying to get in or out of Hampden. My Mrs was at Take That at hampden last Sunday and got home at 1:45am due to traffic.

I have never seen ACDC but am going next week to Hampden with my 11yo son. Neither of us are planning to wear earplugs !

feary

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm going to see them tomorrow with my dad! Got tickets for birthday. They are at Wembley and i love them. Last time i went to see a rock concert my ears were ringing for days. My ears will definitely be ringing for my 2nd team match on Saturday. :(. Still its gonnna be great!

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Leaving for Hampden now.
Having checked out some of their stuff on Youtube and saw their show, I simply can't wait now.
My BIL was at Wembley on Friday night and said they were simply awesome.
Rock and Roll Baby, Rock and Roll.

HELLO CLEVELAND!!!!!!

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Leaving for Hampden now.
Having checked out some of their stuff on Youtube and saw their show, I simply can't wait now.
My BIL was at Wembley on Friday night and said they were simply awesome.
Rock and Roll Baby, Rock and Roll.

HELLO CLEVELAND!!!!!!

They will be great. Here's the (allegedly accurate) times tonight:

Doors Open 16:00
The Answer 18:10
The Subways 19:15
AC/DC 20:30

They'll probably play a 2 hour set, so leave Hampden probably around 10:45 and then only 7,000 hours to get home through the traffic.