Aberdeen courses

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Friends and I looking at going up to play trump in August and looking at a 2 day jolly.

Playing trump Friday so the Saturday round would want to be out reasonably early so we get home a respectable time Saturday night....

How easy/impossible is it to get a tee time for Saturday morning at the likes of cruden bay or royal Aberdeen? Any other good courses to consider? Dornoch probably too far so looking around Aberdeen and Peterhead area?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Try Royal Deeside, might be hard to get times on a Saturday though.
We played it as guests years ago, good course , we stayed in the Beelside Inn , right next to the course, an old friend owned it at the time.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not much at those you mentioned as those are all members courses. As for dornoch that must be 3 hours plus away.
you my be better playing Trump say and one of the others friday

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
O really enjoyed Fraserburgh its a great links and very underrated.

You would be better switching Trump to the Saturday IMO and taking in Royal Aberdeen/Cruden Bay/Murcar or Fraserburgh on the Friday. Peterhead also gets a decent name but not played it.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
O really enjoyed Fraserburgh its a great links and very underrated.

You would be better switching Trump to the Saturday IMO and taking in Royal Aberdeen/Cruden Bay/Murcar or Fraserburgh on the Friday. Peterhead also gets a decent name but not played it.

Agreed, ain't played Fraserburgh but had an absolute ball on the aforementioned. Front 9 on Aberdeen really tough, but good fun and a super, super course!! Cruden Bay was an utter pleasure and Murcar, despite our weather (GM meet - remember that hail/rain/snow/wind anyone :eek:), was also splendid. From the 3 i'd personally want to go back to Cruden first. But as you're so close to them all, it'd be a crime to not play one of em at least.

Only said to LQ and CaptainRon last week that I'd head back to do all 4 in a heartbeat. Trump is simply stunning and I cannot wait to get back there.