Aaargh face control!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been really struggling with face control for a while but it's getting daft now, I'm losing about 3 balls a round recently so it's getting expensive as well as annoying.
Shots can vary from a massive hook to those which start right and slice further, I've an out to in swing path which is reasonably stable when looking at my divots but balls are very rarely starting on the direction I want.
I know, get a lesson but I'd like to try a drill or two first if there are any recommendations?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been really struggling with face control for a while but it's getting daft now, I'm losing about 3 balls a round recently so it's getting expensive as well as annoying.
Shots can vary from a massive hook to those which start right and slice further, I've an out to in swing path which is reasonably stable when looking at my divots but balls are very rarely starting on the direction I want.
I know, get a lesson but I'd like to try a drill or two first if there are any recommendations?
I have had this over the years and have always found it’s my grip.
I get a bit lazy in the set up.
I bought a grip trainer by Skilz it just clips on your grip and it’s like a moulded training grip ,it’s brilliant .
I just swing in the garden or practice ground.
Your hands control the club.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have one of those somewhere, I bought it a couple of years ago and that's when my hooks started lol.
I'll dig it out and properly practice with it (y)
The reasoning was my left hand was ok but my right hand was strong.
My hands were fighting each other so the ball could go left or right.
Mainly left as my dominant hand always won.
My divots like you say we’re ok and off the tee no prob , but once I got a bit of loft it was left.
I could hold it off to hit it straight but could not hit a fade to save my life.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site

If I block slice another ball into the river wear on the 5th I’m going to snap my driver

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

If your missing it left and right I would guess your left hand is weak and your right is strong.
Just a guess without seeing the grip. (It could be vice versa).

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
So your clubface is open at impact.
Clubface is controlled by your hands.
Check (strengthen a touch) your grip would be my advice

Did it again today :ROFLMAO: don’t think it’s my grip though I have a pretty strong left hand (been working on it as that was my first thought)

It’s getting chronic though my irons are now fading and can be really weak ball flight wise

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Split hand drill has made a huge difference to me and my open face woes which includes both slices and out to in shanks. I was so focused on trying to get shaft lean at impact I was holding off the release and wasn’t finishing the swing with any follow through.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Did it again today :ROFLMAO: don’t think it’s my grip though I have a pretty strong left hand (been working on it as that was my first thought)

It’s getting chronic though my irons are now fading and can be really weak ball flight wise

Maybe your weight is on the back foot at impact and you're cutting across it (hard to tell without seeing the swing