A pic I took while in the Irish Wilderness yesterday

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was in Belmullet yesterday 9 hour drive there and back with a days work in between, had to stop and take a pic or two as the weather was perfect, especially when I spoke to my missus and she said it was lashing down in Bangor.
Top driving roads when dry if a little bumpy at a particular 2 mile stretch, overall breathtaking scenery between sligo and belmullet.
Anyhoo, heres one of them scaled down fit. Original is 9500 x 3800 pixels ish.
panomayosm.jpg

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Fantastic matey,
I think its amazing that roads through these places are not straght for more than 300 yards, absolutely amazing driving roads, ill have a nosety and see if I can find some of the road pics.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
4 1/2 hours drive would almost get you to the lakes Hapless, apart from Newcastle and the Mournes, We dont have an awful lot of really open ground up north. Donegal and Mayo across the border are brilliant for scenic photies. Still 4 1.2 hours to where that pic was taken.

boggybop

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure if this counts, but on a recent trip to Iceland I took this picture of the Gígjökull Glacier. The roads are really quiet over there, yet they have the highest incidence of traffic related deaths in Europe! :D

3550106706_87f016528a_b.jpg

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I took this on the road between Keswick and Carlisle and it must be one of the most beautiful drives I have ever driven.

I would go as far as to say it is nicer than anything in Scotland.

How can you say that? ;)

Nikon989-1.jpg

Nikon1001.jpg

P5200004.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

mono217

Journeyman Pro
i707.photobucket.com
Not sure if this counts, but on a recent trip to Iceland I took this picture of the Gígjökull Glacier. The roads are really quiet over there, yet they have the highest incidence of traffic related deaths in Europe! :D

3550106706_87f016528a_b.jpg

Wow that is just amazing. :eek:

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clive, the colours you see in the Cumbrian countryside are vibrant and full of life, the views in Scotland are more terrain than scenery. I love the Glencoe road and have seen some wondeful views in my travels all over Scotland but I was blown away with the colours of the Cumbrian area.

B

birdieman

Madandra,
I will cede the Lake District is bonny but the numbers of people there makes driving awful. We were in Ambleside in April 08 and you couldn't move for traffic. Heaven knows what the summer is like.

The SW of Scotland is dreary but head for the Highlands. The views up there can't be beaten and all the European money poured into the area means there are decent roads to enjoy driving on and little traffic to get on your moobs!(except July/August)

I really enjoyed driving around Snowdonia - fabulous views there driving from Betws y Coed to Porthmadog.

The A55 along the north Wales coast is fine on nice day. Just watch out for the cops. ;)