A couple of questions on chipping.

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
For me, a two handed sport is either played as a forehand or backhand. Personally I prefer a backhand, but I still don't think of the shot being controlled by one hand over the other. I think if I did that bad things would happen.

So are you left or right-eyed? ;)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Just as a note: Mickelson says the immortal words "hold off the club" in his video.

That would mean there is no release, no flipping and no closing of the club face.

Just thought I'd mention that.

As far as I'm concerned generally around the greens you want as little action as possible, hands leading and a very passive (almost putting stroke) backswing. The name of the game is to get the ball on the green as fast as possible with the chip, carrying only 20-25% of the distance to the flag, and the rest is roll-out. The Simple-ierâ„¢ you can make your swing the easier it will be to master and to rely on.

With a longer 'chip shot' then the ball is played more central, (hands still forward) but with a more lofted club so you can carry the ball further to the pin (50-75% depending on the slope of the green where you're landing it).

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
For me, a two handed sport is either played as a forehand or backhand. Personally I prefer a backhand, but I still don't think of the shot being controlled by one hand over the other. I think if I did that bad things would happen.

So are you left or right-eyed? ;)

:whoo::thup:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just as a note: Mickelson says the immortal words "hold off the club" in his video.

That would mean there is no release, no flipping and no closing of the club face.

Just thought I'd mention that.

Thats the way i chip James....Small set of the wrists in the backswing and keep my lead arm and wrists straight it the throughswing..I keep the leading edge of the club square to where the ball is going..Works fine for me... Plus there are less variables for duffing and blading a shot....