A bit thick...

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Continuing in my recent self deprecating trend I hope that some will find this post useful. When I bought my first set of irons I wasn't given any guidance on grip size. I've got pretty big hands and used to have at least two grips on my cricket bat and wore size ten goalie gloves when I had a stint between the sticks so I went for Jumbo. After about a year I came to the realisation they were a bit thick, a bit worn and a bit pants so I replaced them.

Queue the wonderful Lamkin NDURs. But wanting to maintain a degree of thickness I requested three layers of tape. Two years, and lots of shots leaked right (even with my lob wedge!), later I decided that a change was required. So new NDURs on my 4-9 iron and the Lamkin Wedge grips on my four (sorry Bob) wedges and all with a single layer of tape.

Now releasing the club much better and that leaked shot seems to be a thing of the past. Now some people will question the difference that just two layers of tape can make but having been out wedge practicing again today for me it's the difference between hitting the ball straight at the flag and hitting the ball ten yards right.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
it makes me wonder Tiger, I played my best iron play with my old (if last year can be classed as old) 775cb's with midsize lamkin and 1 layer, now I use standard and 1 layer I find I over grip. If I do the online measurement dooby ferkins I always come out as standard and 1 layer but it does make me wonder!