910 D2 shaft question

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
A question for the knoweldgeable folk on here.

I've been offered a 910D2 at a price that would make even G1BBO blush, A.K.A mucho cheapness!! It's the FD directors where I work, and he's just brought a 913 D2 having only had this about 4 months or so.

Now to my question.

The shaft I believe is senior flex diamana ilima (... I think).

Would someone, probably Ethan, be able to recommend a shaft, regular flex that would have the same/simialr flex pattern and similar flight to the stock Rayon Fubuki that comes as standard in the MP630.

If the shaft is still pretty cheap, I could be persuaded to take the club off his hands. If not, I'll stick with the 630.

Any opinions welcome.

Edit: I would rather get a new shaft as opposed to pulling the Fubuki out of my 630. Mainly as I have no idea how it wold play in a D2 driver head.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The Fubuki shaft is a high launch low spin shaft which is pretty much the ideal for the majority of players in their driver. If it works for you, have a look on ebay etc for something similar to stick in the 910.

Or pop along to a Titleist seller and try different shafts out from his fitting kit?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
The Fubuki shaft is a high launch low spin shaft which is pretty much the ideal for the majority of players in their driver. If it works for you, have a look on ebay etc for something similar to stick in the 910.

Or pop along to a Titleist seller and try different shafts out from his fitting kit?

Sensible advice :thup:

Wychowood park GC is about 20 minutes drive from where I live, I know they have a fitting cart and a mahoosive selection of shafts + trackman.

I wonder if he'll let me borrow the D2 head for an evening :smirk:

A

Alex1975

I think the best bet is to sell it to me making a small loss and sticking with the Mizuno... you sig will look rubish with that 910 in it!! =)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
http://www.titleist.com/images/products/pdfs/2011_Titleist_Custom_Options.pdf

Page down a couple of pages here and you will a matrix for the shafts available from Titleist in the 910 Drivers. Of the stock options that will be readily available on ebay I expect the Ilima (if you want high launch) or Kali (if you want mid launch) may be the best bet but like others have said, cant beat going and hitting some

PS the Fubuki is listed so is an after market option on the 910, getting one cheap may be harder

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
tried to post you a link to some ebay listing, theres 3 ilimas available finishing in the next week, and 1 kali however once again my post got referred to the mods, bored of this happening.

gl getting the right shaft :)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thank for the info guys.

Al' - If, IF, I have it, and don't like it, you can have it for what I pay for it. How's that sound?

Fundy: Thanks for that :thup: . I'm going to give the chap at Wychwood a call tonight when I get in to look at fees for a fitting. If it's stupid money I won't bother.

The Fubuki in the 630, I really like. I have it in all my wood sand gives a lovely flight. The price of this 910 is hard to ignore though.

Time will tell.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If its that cheap and you can pick up one of the stock shafts for £20 or £30 must be worth a gamble then worst case could sell it on, if Alex doesnt buy it Im sure you'll catch Gibbo on an "ebay" night lol.

Seems a few of the shafts appearing on ebay are the ex demo shafts from fitting carts, I assume where the fitters are movcing onto the 913, maybe worth asking when trying to book a fitting if they are prepared to sell you a demo shaft too?

there are some Fubukis on ebay but only saw stiff or x stiff, didnt see any regs