9 Hole Handicaps

PAULIEG

Visit site
Please help......

For the purposes of posting scores for 9 hole rounds I'm unable to find anything re the following:

I regularly play a nine hole course (just nine sets of tees so no difference if playing twice) and have a handicap of 7.2. SSS, by the way, is equal to par so no problems there. Given that in the normal course of an 18 hole round I would have 3 shots on one nine and 4 on the other, how should I allocate when just playing nine holes? My instinct is to only allow myself only 3 shots (rather than 4)for the nine holes I play and, as per guidelines, add 18 points to my total. This in effect would mean I am playing off a handicap of six for nine hole rounds. Is this correct or should I be ending up with a points total of something ending with .5 (i.e giving myself 3.5 shots for the nine I play)?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Here's a (Scottish but same applies elsewhere in Congu) PDF that has the rules.

Clause 22 is the appropriate one.

I'll let you do the arithmetic as not all the numbers are known.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Please help......
For the purposes of posting scores for 9 hole rounds I'm unable to find anything re the following:

Posting scores on what? Are you talking about posting on an online tracking website? If that's the case, the online tracking service will tell you and it's nothing to do with CONGU handicaps.

If, however, you are talking about 9-hole qualifiers, your club will have a 9-hole SSS and your handicap will be obtained from your exact handicap applied to a 9-hole qualifier chart with a "neutral" 18 points added to your 9-hole score.