9 hole general play

wjemather

Visit site
Yes but, as said, we do not have a need. I would suggest re-reading the last sentence.
But others might.

FYI, my reply addressed the sentence in bold only (otherwise I wouldn't have highlighted it) - any specific course layout is of no relevance to this. In any case, many out-and-back courses have seen plenty of interest in submitting 9-hole scores (although they have been highlighted as an obvious target for vanity handicappers; i.e. only play the downwind 9); and even if there is only ever one person wants to submit a 9 hole GP score, why prevent them?

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But others might.

FYI, my reply addressed the sentence in bold only (otherwise I wouldn't have highlighted it) - any specific course layout is of no relevance to this. In any case, many out-and-back courses have seen plenty of interest in submitting 9-hole scores (although they have been highlighted as an obvious target for vanity handicappers; i.e. only play the downwind 9); and even if there is only ever one person wants to submit a 9 hole GP score, why prevent them?

If a course has only has one 18 hole layout I would agree and would expect such a course to have one or both 9s registered on the WHS portal. As already said we have both an 18 hole course and a 9 hole course and players wanting to do a 9 hole card will normally do a card on the 9 hole course.

The only request we have had (from one player only) is to have a 'composite' 9 hole card on which cards can be submitted. In the evenings players will often do holes 1 to 4 or 5 and move over to 11 or 12 for some more holes.