9 hole competitions

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The background to this is that our ladies ran some 9 hole comps before WHS but the scores are showing as 18 hole scores (not unexpected as that is how CONGU treated them) but has ignored them in calculating the HI. In addition, WHS transition doesn't seem to able to identify the 9 hole course as it has allocated a wrong CR and SR to the course. WHS support are trying to resolve the issue.

As it happens, the ladies are running a 9 hole tomorrow and are expressing some concern about what will happen.
The ladies handicap sec has sent out the following note.

Ladies
There is a problem with the 9 hole Order of Merit competition in that the system is not recognising the fact that there is a 9 Hole green tee card, so.... when you look to sign in you will see it as 9 Holes Order of Merit 2, but when you come to put your score in it will look like an 18 hole card. Just enter your score in the usual way and leave 10-18 blank or put zeros in.

I am not sure that it is the same problem and am wondering if it is really an issue with ClubV1.

1) So my question is - has anyone used V1 to run 9 hole comps since WHS and encountered this situation?

2) A supplementary question. Has anyone had any issues with the transition of 9 hole comp scores?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I understand from our manager that England Golf are having a problem with slope on our 9 hole course. We play 18 holes comps on it and use different tees if you playing 9 or 18. The slopes are different

Eg Men play white 1st nine Yellow 2nd 9 and the ladies pay red 1st nine and yellow 2nd 9 when playing 18.

All the variations were rated when the course was measured and appear on the Database.

Similarly they are having a problem with slope on our 18 hole course. We have shortened course in winter (different slope etc) yet they have treated all scores as being on the long course.