5km limit thoughts (ireland)

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over here golf is open from Mon 18th adhering to goverent rules on lock down

1 rule is no non essential travel outside 5km radius from home..

Im about 10km by road and approx 7.5km radius as crow flies. So under rules i cannot travel to play golf ..

Im back in work on 18th , 35km from home . On way to and from work i pass within 3km from golf course .

So heres my question . I know i cant travel specificaly to play golf but can i divert 3k to play on way home as the essential travel is work related ??

Just wondering what ye think .

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
No you cant. As your smilies indicate that you know well.;)
Some people will of course. The law and its intent is clear, but some people will probably choose to misinterpret or do a little bit of mental gymnastics and self delusion so that they can do as they wish even if they fundamentally know that they shouldnt.

BumbleBee

Visit site
Over here golf is open from Mon 18th adhering to goverent rules on lock down

1 rule is no non essential travel outside 5km radius from home..

Im about 10km by road and approx 7.5km radius as crow flies. So under rules i cannot travel to play golf ..

Im back in work on 18th , 35km from home . On way to and from work i pass within 3km from golf course .

So heres my question . I know i cant travel specificaly to play golf but can i divert 3k to play on way home as the essential travel is work related ??

Just wondering what ye think .

It's a bit daft because everywhere in Ireland is 20 miles from the next place.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In my opinion mate you’re not travelling more than 5k to your golf club so if you happen to pass by on way to/from work then go for it.

I can of course travel 50km to my nearest garden centre to stand in a queue of people then mingle with them inside said garden centre but not the 30k to play solo golf!!

As your well accustomed to hearing mate “only in Ireland”

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
In my opinion mate you’re not travelling more than 5k to your golf club so if you happen to pass by on way to/from work then go for it.

I can of course travel 50km to my nearest garden centre to stand in a queue of people then mingle with them inside said garden centre but not the 30k to play solo golf!!

As your well accustomed to hearing mate “only in Ireland”
Ya see Brendy ..ya see???

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not sure how they could/can police the 5km rule unless the golf clubs themselves are doing in and checking every tee time that is booked against their records.

Stopped by police you can give a number of plausible excuses.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Hopefully not "fined"!