5G you've got my pants down

D

Deleted member 15344

^^^ This. Not being a technophobe, I don't understand either.

It's 4th generation mobile connection which allows faster wireless connection - for example I get 12mbps on 4g which is quicker than what I get at my wired internet at home

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As far as I understood, 5G is purely hypothetical as they haven't yet decided on a World wide common standard so as yet don't even know how or what 5G actually is or will be.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The network should improve once they introduce electricity:)

I am so looking forward to that moment :D.

I'm loving being dissed from someone living in Penshaw, ha ha ha. South of the river and everything! Are you playing at Cleveland? It will be good to meet a few from up here who I don't know yet.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When 4G was first touted I remember seeing a BBC reporter in S.Korea, they were ahead of everyone at that point, downloading a film onto his phone in seconds and saying how this was going to be the future and how lucky we all were. Mmmmmmm, not happened has it. Giving out monster speeds on 5G is great if you can get it but for huge chunks of people it will be an irrelevance unless they can improve the coverage over the 4G experience. It may be wonderful in city centres but it is far too patchy the moment you start to move away from the cities. I don't expect perfect coverage in the middle of a national park for example but it is poor in sizeable towns and that is not good enough. We can't get excited about something that will not impact on us. It is like expecting people to be excited for a new film release that is only available in cities.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
its alright darn sarf lads, 4g pretty much everywhere i go, occasionally drop to 3G at worst. To be fair, you lads don't need it milking cows and rearing pigs for bacon anyway really.. :whistle:

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am so looking forward to that moment :D.

I'm loving being dissed from someone living in Penshaw, ha ha ha. South of the river and everything! Are you playing at Cleveland? It will be good to meet a few from up here who I don't know yet.

Hehe :lol:

Yeah I'll be there. Looking forward to it,, seems to be a big crowd going

The course looks a bit of a test to say the least .

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
its alright darn sarf lads, 4g pretty much everywhere i go, occasionally drop to 3G at worst.

I get a 4G signal in most places but half the time it ain't very fast...
There's a huge new estate being built in the West side of town that has virtually no phone signal at all!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
so many places in Sunny Buckinghamshire that are quite rural yet only 30 miles from the centre of London, have absolutely no phone signal at all, forget about 3,4 or 5 G
cant even get 2G

sort out the basics first.

They expect us to carry card authorisation machines for payments, but they rely on a mobile signal to upload, yeah thats fine, i'll have me one of those....NOT

D

Deleted member 15344

Thanks, but that doesn't work on my phone.

Do you have a smart phone ?

What phone do you have - most will have a symbol next to the signal bar - either : gprs , 3G , 4G or some will have E ( EE customers )

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a Moto G. There is a Bluetooth symbol, a wi-fi symbol that looks like a fan and symbol that looks like a triangle on it's side.

D

Deleted member 15344

It's a Moto G. There is a Bluetooth symbol, a wi-fi symbol that looks like a fan and symbol that looks like a triangle on it's side.

If it's a new one it will be 4G enabled but I believe you won't be able to tell if it's 3 or 4 g you are connected too - just that you are connected.

If you go to google and just search for speed test then use one of the link to test