59 Watch !!

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Ollie Fisher is on the 18th with two putts required for the first 59 on the European Tour

D

Deleted member 1418

FFS though you were talking about Tigger and not some fella playing on a second rate tour!!! 😉😂😂😂

Visit site
Yes, great two putt on the 16th , 17th and 18th

I was nervous just watching it, can't imagine having a sense of composure of telling the caddy on 17th they should just enjoy the last two holes!

Well done Ollie (y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A commentator made a good point about this a while ago. A 60 on a par 72 course is better than a 59 on a par 70 course yet wont be remembered. One of those landmarks though, well done to him.

D

Deleted member 1147

A commentator made a good point about this a while ago. A 60 on a par 72 course is better than a 59 on a par 70 course yet wont be remembered. One of those landmarks though, well done to him.

I know what you mean, but often those par 70's are actually par 72's. They just change two of the par 5's into par 4's.

Also the aim of golf is the lowest score, so 59 is better than 60. Par is just a guide.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a par 71, you can't take anything from the man, he knew he was gunning for it a few holes from home and held it together. Just watched a few clips.

Outstanding. (y)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I know what you mean, but often those par 70's are actually par 72's. They just change two of the par 5's into par 4's.

Also the aim of golf is the lowest score, so 59 is better than 60. Par is just a guide.

Not sure i agree with that, the aim is surely the lowest against par.

I can go round my local 9 hole par 3 in the lower than 72 for two loops pretty much every time. But i don't consider that better than the 80 i've scored on a full course. Par is always relevant imo.

That being said, for the pro's 59 is the elusive figure and i'm sure those that hit it, don't care if its a par 70/1/2.

D

Deleted member 1147

Not sure i agree with that, the aim is surely the lowest against par.

I can go round my local 9 hole par 3 in the lower than 72 for two loops pretty much every time. But i don't consider that better than the 80 i've scored on a full course. Par is always relevant imo.

That being said, for the pro's 59 is the elusive figure and i'm sure those that hit it, don't care if its a par 70/1/2.
Obviously I am talking about proper golf courses on tour & not your local pitch n putt course

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have played round there a few times, and not come close to a 59.

There are a lot of my golf balls in those ponds though.

#propergolf.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Obviously I am talking about proper golf courses on tour & not your local pitch n putt course
That doesn't change the fact that par is relevant. If the pro's and tours agreed with your stance then i'd expect to see tournament leader board based on total shots. Not -/+ to par.