5 wood recommendations please.

two-clubs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I want to get a 5 wood but as I need to get a new trolley and bag I want to go the cheaper option of a used club possibly from ebay etc. This will most likely mean a club from an older range which I have no problem with but my problem is I'm just getting back into the game after a 10 year lay off and have no idea what I've missed in the golf club market.

So, what suggestions do you have for me for a 5 wood that has sort of been and gone (so to speak) but was a gem at the time, as a mid/high handicapper needs to be of the easy to use variety :D

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clubhouse are selling the Mizuno JPX800 fairways for £80.
I currently use the MP650 which is going quite cheap in places, it's a great 5w, albeit I had it shafted with a Fubuki rather than a stock shaft.

Laka

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello from sweden,, i understand the economic thoughts,,,,but,,,when i go into a store,,there is golfset after set along the walls,,,what should i choose,,,,, what shall i look for,,it will probably be the price that decide or the brand,,,but will it fit my needs....so i go to a clubmaker,,,he test and build me a clubs...ok ,,it cost me some more,,,but my 5 wood gives my so much pleasure on the course....it have rescue so many rounds...my advice is ,,,go to a good clubmaker

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be honest I would spend more on a quality 5 wood and scrimp for a trolly and bag. The club is the important thing. Ping G20, G25, or if you can find one Callaway Steelhead +. Use to love mine. Others I've had and liked include Cleveland XLS and TM Burner

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Taylormade R580!!!!!

They're excellent clubs, titanium too so they sound great and they fly

I love mine, it's my go to club

And they can be had for peanuts, mine was £10 (although I did re shaft it for a further £25)