So over 18 - A is scratch, B gets 8, C 3 and D 4
Over 16 the start point is A 9, B 16, C 12, D 12
So over 16 - A is scratch, B gets 7, C 3, D 3
E&OE

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
10 and 18 v 13 and 14
How does that jive with this part of your first post?
The 2 closed holes are stroke index 5 and 7 and one of our opponents would get a shot at both of the closed holes from his partner, neither I, or my partner, would get shots on either hole

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
How does that jive with this part of your first post?
The 2 closed holes are stroke index 5 and 7 and one of our opponents would get a shot at both of the closed holes from his partner, neither I, or my partner, would get shots on either hole
I read it as Chris and his PP were off 13 and 14, getting 3 and 4 strokes so no strokes at index 5 or 7.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Help me out here - he doesn't lose any shots from his opponents, but does from his partner? Then what impact does that have on the game?
He'd lose 2 shot holes, while there'd be no effect on the opposition. So, effectively (only) his handicap has been artificially reduced.
It would seem, to me, fairer that, for this (16 hole) match, SI 6 becomes SI 5 SIs 8 and 9 become SIs 6 and 7 resp. Then the 16/18ths of Handicaps should also be applied to all handicaps before determining 90% of difference. Off the top of my head, I believe, in this case, 18-capper would lose 2 shots, with others not affected.

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Surely, it is up to the Committee of the club to decide how to deal with such issues? They could have conditions such as:

All 18 holes must be in play;
A minimum number of holes must be in play, and if they are, just get on with it (it is winter)

Is it not dangerous asking the individual players to deal with it themselves? Inevitably, someone will feel like they are losing out. Or, the team that loses may be upset, because they may feel if all 18 holes were open, they could have pulled it back in last 2 holes. Besides, what if they agreed to something that was advised on this thread, and it conflicted with guidelines for that competition set by the Committee?