4bbb on reduced course

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just as a matter of interest

We are being pushed to play a winter league 4bbb match, and today we have cancelled again due to weather, but also because only 16 holes are open. The 2 closed holes are stroke index 5 and 7 and one of our opponents would get a shot at both of the closed holes from his partner, neither I, or my partner, would get shots on either hole - if we had decided to play the 16 holes, or 2 extra holes, how would we sort out the shots

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
The guy who would have effectively lost 2 shot holes wouldn't have been keen
Yeah I guess. Maybe just play 1 and 2 again to make it up to 18? It sounds to me more like a perception of it being a bad deal than it really being one. If they're 2 up after 16 you lose the chance to get it back on holes you probably hope to score on , I'm not sure that's any less fair.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yeah I guess. Maybe just play 1 and 2 again to make it up to 18? It sounds to me more like a perception of it being a bad deal than it really being one. If they're 2 up after 16 you lose the chance to get it back on holes you probably hope to score on , I'm not sure that's any less fair.

The guy who has to have 5 shots instead of 7 is still losing out ( well the pair really are)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We've delayed the game to next week but I was just trying to see if any clubs have a way of sorting this issue rather than just saying "suck it up"

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Just as a matter of interest

We are being pushed to play a winter league 4bbb match, and today we have cancelled again due to weather, but also because only 16 holes are open. The 2 closed holes are stroke index 5 and 7 and one of our opponents would get a shot at both of the closed holes from his partner, neither I, or my partner, would get shots on either hole - if we had decided to play the 16 holes, or 2 extra holes, how would we sort out the shots
Help me out here - he doesn't lose any shots from his opponents, but does from his partner? Then what impact does that have on the game?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have set dates for our club winter knockout. If the course is open the matches get played.

I once refereed the final, all 18 holes wee on temporary greens. We never close individual holes except if greenstaff are working on them such as tining the fairway so I do not know how to proceed.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
How come?
We discover a problem when we first tried to played a 9 hole competition over a measured composite course consisting of holes 1 to 8 then the 15th. They tried to use the original 18 hole card [ new cards are now printed ].
They said 50% h/c because it was a 9 hole comp, but because the way the stroke index worked out using the 18 hole card, it was reduced to nearly 25% h/c.