3 wood shaft, driver head?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello my friends that are experts at golf:thup:

I find myself in the embarrassing situation of not being able to hit my driver very well:eek:

The rest of my game is pretty good, my driving is comical. It's the only thing stopping me putting together a pretty tidy score. I can nail a 3 wood.....but fancy a driver more.

Has anyone put a 3 wood shaft in a driver head, if so, with what results ??

I've got an rbz tour driver head with no shaft, I'm thinking of putting in a sldr 3 wood shaft. The 3 wood shaft is 10g heavier and 2 1/2 inches shorter.

I thank you in advance for your expertise:thup:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Welcome to my world Nick..

Swing weight will be a bit weird I suspect but it could work...
It'll look strange to..!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Give it a go. You have nothing to lose and might be surprised with the results. Not sure what the heavier shaft will do to the swing weight though.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers for the replies. I think I will give it a go, just need to pull the trigger for the shaft on eBay.

What do I have to lose?? Except a couple of quid, and my self respect :eek:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Cheers for the replies. I think I will give it a go, just need to pull the trigger for the shaft on eBay.

What do I have to lose?? Except a couple of quid, and my self respect :eek:

Go for it,if it doesn't work just put the shaft back on eBay. Should only lose postage fee.

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have just cut down my driver shaft and have had great results. Night and day!

Go for it! You can always buy another shaft if you do not get on with it.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I was fitted by the head Pro at The Belfry along with Liam McDougall of TaylorMade and after going through loads of heads & shafts, I was fitted with a 3w shaft in a 12.5* SLDR head and I love it. The difference was immediate.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Shaft destined for 3W is normally tipped 1" compared to that for a Driver, so likely to player stiffer than 'normal'. But certainly worth trying if you are becoming desperate!

As per Fish's experience, it can work well. I know of someone else who was fitted similarly too - Driver just became a 3W with a huge head!