2012 Open Championship tickets on sale.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you plan to go for the week the best bet is to buy a season ticket early for a good reduction in price.

Turn up on the day and it's a fairly hefty £70.

[h=3]2012 OPEN AT ROYAL LYTHAM TICKETS ON SALE NOW[/h]

NEWS RELEASE ISSUED BY THE R AND A
Be the first to book your place at the 2012 Open Championship at Royal Lytham and St Annes and buy your daily or season ticket in time for Christmas.
The Open sees a return to the Lancashire venue for the first time since 2001, when the USA’s David Duval finished three ahead of Sweden’s Niclas Fasth and a chasing pack that included current Open Champion Darren Clarke to lift the Claret Jug for his only Major victory to date.
Lytham holds many great golfing memories, not least as the venue for two (1979, 88) of the late Seve Ballesteros’ three Open victories.
Local fans have now waited 20 years since Nick Faldo’s 1992 victory to herald an English winner and will see Tony Jacklin’s 1969 triumph over the famous links as a good omen.
Spectators who purchase now can take advantage of daily tickets at early season prices - as much as £10 less than 2011 prices for practice days – while ensuring they arrive in time for December 25.
Season tickets offering entry on all eight days of the Championship are available at the price of £230 - £10 less than the cost on the gate this year at Royal St George’s.
Early purchase reductions also apply to concessionary tickets for 16-21 year-olds. As with every Open Championship since 1997, Under-16’s will continue to be admitted free of charge.
Tickets purchased before December 15 will arrive in time for Christmas.
The R and A’s Chief Executive Peter Dawson said: “We are pleased to be able to offer early season prices on most ticket types for next year’s Open.
“We always enjoy enthusiastic and knowledgeable crowds when the Championship visits the north-west of England and I am looking forward to the Championship being played in a wonderful atmosphere again next year.”
The 2012 Open sees the return of the popular Fairways Club which allows spectators access to a private marquee offering a lounge bar, snack facilities along with complimentary tea and coffee. Fairways Club access on each of the four Championship days costs £50 and must be accompanied by a valid ticket permitting course access.
The Greenside Club ticket will once again provide admission to the course, access to a private marquee and reserved seats within the Greenside Stand at the 18th, which provides unparalleled viewing of The Open’s 72nd hole. Inside the marquee, televisions offer uninterrupted live footage and real-time scores from the course and complimentary newspapers, tea and coffee will be provided.
Tickets will continue to be available to purchase on the day at the gate. A daily ticket purchased on arrival at the course on the four Championship days (July 19-22, 2012) will cost £70.
For further information and to purchase tickets visit https://tickets.randa.org/
Official hospitality packages are also now on sale. Details are available from http://www.opengolfofficialhospitality.com/

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
To be perfectly honest I think £70 is on the steep side for the day ticket. I know it compares favourably with football tickets and is a full day etc but still a lot to stump up for an individual. Much better value if you have a couple of interested kids which begs the question "how free are they really?". Good marketing though.
Went to the Andalucia Masters at Valderama last year and it was 16 Euro. I know not a major or the same field etc but the differential is huge. Good job I'm marshalling :)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Afraid I have to agree, average family going for 4-5 hrs (let's be honest that's long enough if you have 2 kids) will be min £140 then all the extortionate food prices. In today's worsening economy that's a lot of hard earned cash.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At £50 i could easily justify the full days entertainment, cost against concerts etc.

At £60 i was beginning to struggle

At £70 I am out

DCB

Visit site
Prices just keep going up. I wonder if this is in response to the success the Open has as a major crowd puller ?

'Don't worry about the ticket price, they'll come anyway' seems to be the attitude.

Wonder when it will hit £100 for a day ticket, Royal Liverpool in 2014 perhaps ?

It's a shame really because the Thursday and Friday were both really good days to go to an Open as you had a full day 7am to 9pm if you wanted to stay that long. Not for me at those prices.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It was 100 notes for a day at the RC and that was pushing it - especially with the weather, although we got into the PGA for free.
£70 for a day ticket isn't that bad these days if you can get a full day there. Start at, what 6.30? Finish at 8. Long day and less than £10 an hour.

It sounds a lot but it compares reasonably well with other major sports events.

Will I be going - no chance!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In 2010 I was down for the 1st shot and left at around 6.30pm and it was money well spent.

I would still pay it as for me it is value for money.

2013 up the road at Muirfield no doubt it will be £80 so it will mean an early start to justify going but if a group of us arrange a bus to take us and therefore have a day on the ales too then jesus you are looking at a price over £200 for your day out!!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've always found the last practice day (Wed) to be the BEST value, all the players are there, there's less crowds so you don't have to stand on boxes or go 6 holes ahead to get a decent view. The players are relaxed, interact with the crowd, try lots of different shots etc etc and its cheaper. Combine that with 2 hrs at their range and its value for money.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've always found the last practice day (Wed) to be the BEST value, all the players are there, there's less crowds so you don't have to stand on boxes or go 6 holes ahead to get a decent view. The players are relaxed, interact with the crowd, try lots of different shots etc etc and its cheaper. Combine that with 2 hrs at their range and its value for money.

Unless you take your nephew down to Royal St Georges specifically to see Tiger Woods and find that the git teed off on one of the back holes at about 5.00am, played half a dozen and buggered off back to his hotel room before the gates open.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Unless you take your nephew down to Royal St Georges specifically to see Tiger Woods and find that the git teed off on one of the back holes at about 5.00am, played half a dozen and buggered off back to his hotel room before the gates open.

yes that can happen, and at that time he probably had a reason to back early to his hotel room....*WINK* allegedly.