20 mins to change me soft spikes.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had a look at my soft spikes on Tuesday and they were looking very tired. Knew they were a ball ache and was not looking forward to it. 20 mins later, sorted. Second record I have broke this week and as happy about breaking this record as the one the other day.

A pal was telling me on Tuesday he changed his steel spikes from a 20 yr old pair of leather shoes/ slippers. He ended up drilling out six threaded bits which had snapped and ended up re tapping the shoes so he could put plastic cleats on his shoes.

At least he don't sound like he at Skool with sees on.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It helps if you remove them from time to time when you clean your shoes as they threads tend to get clogged with dirt...assuming you clean your shoes. Of course, having the right tool helps as well

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am one of those people like that clean equipment. I clean my clubs thoroughly every other use, and clean my shoes after every game. I also ensure my golf balls are cleaned before every round. This is my nature, and has been since I was a young child. However, I play with far better players than me who have never cleaned a thing in their life !!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
20mins?! I'm 4 days into it. I couldn't find my super-doper sonic spike remover, and I'm using an El-cheapo version made from plasticine.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
20 minutes oh dear. With the ripper I can get it done in less than ten. I also put a dab of vaseline in the thread when I put new ones in which seems to make it easier to get them out at a later date

Tashyboy

Visit site
20minutes!!!! You need one of these.

http://www.softspikes.com/ripper

Right, now am proper bogged off, I feel like I have been shafted by the golfing companies. Ave not done my homework and bought a longridge two spike prong and bust a gut getting them off.

Tashyboys birthday in March and one of them beasts is top of my wish list. My personal best is gonna be below 10 mins.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I am one of those people like that clean equipment. I clean my clubs thoroughly every other use, and clean my shoes after every game. I also ensure my golf balls are cleaned before every round. This is my nature, and has been since I was a young child. However, I play with far better players than me who have never cleaned a thing in their life !!

Funny you should say that a PP never cleans his balls and when walking down the fairway you can tell the difference between our balls from 100 yd. Mine are shiny and his are dull.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a lot of fine grit down on our paths and it gets stuck in the holes where you put the prongs in, takes me ages to change mine.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Right, now am proper bogged off, I feel like I have been shafted by the golfing companies. Ave not done my homework and bought a longridge two spike prong and bust a gut getting them off.

Tashyboys birthday in March and one of them beasts is top of my wish list. My personal best is gonna be below 10 mins.

the 2 prong tool is great for putting the spikes in, but the RIPPER is the best for getting them out.
I did 2 pairs of shoes in about 5 minutes last week.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not shoes, but why would you not clean clubs and balls as you play? Then you don't need to do them at home.

We buy clubs with grooves milled to legal limits and balls with 400 dimples designed to give us the best chance we can have at playing good golf shots.

Do people really play with them caked in mud?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
the 2 prong tool is great for putting the spikes in, but the RIPPER is the best for getting them out.
I did 2 pairs of shoes in about 5 minutes last week.

The two spike prong works fine for getting them out if you clean you shoes regularly and make sure the holes in the spike are not full of dirt before you try to remove them.