20 mins to change me soft spikes.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have a lot of fine grit down on our paths and it gets stuck in the holes where you put the prongs in, takes me ages to change mine.

OK, professional :D tip for you all if you have an electric drill.

Put the shoe over something, ideally a vice, and drill into the clogged up holes in the spikes using a small drill bit.

This will re-create the holes, giving you traction, easy to get the worn out spikes out.

You have then saved 8 minutes which can gainfully used selling more Coca-Cola, Mars Bars and renting out trollies...

Oh the memories :D

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
OK, professional :D tip for you all if you have an electric drill.

Put the shoe over something, ideally a vice, and drill into the clogged up holes in the spikes using a small drill bit.

There are many people with a drill but not all are capable at using one. I can imagine some people drilling right though the sole using that method.
I am constantly shocked by tales from my wife about the capabilities of some of her friends husbands. Changing a fuse is beyond some of them.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had a look at my soft spikes on Tuesday and they were looking very tired. Knew they were a ball ache and was not looking forward to it. 20 mins later, sorted. Second record I have broke this week and as happy about breaking this record as the one the other day.

A pal was telling me on Tuesday he changed his steel spikes from a 20 yr old pair of leather shoes/ slippers. He ended up drilling out six threaded bits which had snapped and ended up re tapping the shoes so he could put plastic cleats on his shoes.

At least he don't sound like he at Skool with sees on.

You should have soaked them in warm water first.

Tends to loosen the crap that builds up making them easier to remove.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our Pro or his assistant do them for us while we have a coffee in the shop. The young lady sales assistant is equally helpful, she is a golfer though at another club.
The joys of being fortunate enough to belong to a decent club

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There are many people with a drill but not all are capable at using one. I can imagine some people drilling right though the sole using that method.
I am constantly shocked by tales from my wife about the capabilities of some of her friends husbands. Changing a fuse is beyond some of them.

Trust me, if I can do it, so can anyone half-competent :D
There's a lot of spike remaining to drill into before getting anywhere near the shoe.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
i have the deluxe version of that. It has different bits for different types of spikes, and a ratchet thingy.

it also good at removing boyscouts from horses hooves
I've got one of those as well. Never tried the boy scout thing. I guess I've just been unlucky not to find one trapped in a horses hoof.

I also take out the new spikes, put some vaseline or WD40 in the socket and put them back in again. It helps in the long run.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well ave played in them today and all the spikes are still in, not lost one. 😁

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On topic for me. Had two pair of Ecco bioms for over a year now and haven't once yet changed the spikes but was planning on doing in the next month as the front ones were worn completely.

Soaked em in warm water as advised, then dug the crap out of the holes and sorted. They're the q-lock things. Swapped some of the good ins into my other pair, just at the front, and will order some more. Golfspikesdirect.com reputable?

D

Deleted member 17920

On topic for me. Had two pair of Ecco bioms for over a year now and haven't once yet changed the spikes but was planning on doing in the next month as the front ones were worn completely.

Soaked em in warm water as advised, then dug the crap out of the holes and sorted. They're the q-lock things. Swapped some of the good ins into my other pair, just at the front, and will order some more. Golfspikesdirect.com reputable?
Bring them Sunday

D

Deleted member 17920

What was the point of this?

You really are a weirdo.
Was going to get them done for free for you but since you insulted me I shall charge you a small fortune. Knob