2 Competitions

caddie1

Visit site
Our club had the final of the club Championship today. They also had annual stableford competition. Can people playing in the Club Championship play in this stableford comp also? Some people had already been told previously on other weeks you cannot enter 2 comps.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
If both are stroke play I think it is acceptable provided its not against club rules.
If the championship was a matchplay event then it's not possible to play a matchplay and strokeplay comp at the same time.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In theory unless the club specifically prohibits it they could play a stableford and medal athough clearly they would have to hole out on every hole to remain in the medal event and couldn't pick up if they couldn't make a stableford score

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
One difficulty I can see is entering the scores into the handicapping system. Assuming both competitions are qualifiers, I don't think you would be able to use the same scores for two outcomes and you certainly couldn't use the scores twice as that could give 2 reductions (or 2 x 0.1 increase) if outside buffer.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
just had the same yesterday at my club, club champs 2nd round and monthly medal combined (due to both being cancelled previously due to weather)

I had a howler and got 0.1 back for both although only 1 round played... is that right?