1st game in 4 years

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a result of health issues, I’ve not played for what I thought was 3 years but my daughter showed my maths was wrong and it was actually 4 years. But I took a day off Friday, booked a buggy and played with some old mates at my old club. Even with a buggy I was knackered hitting fullish shots ( I was trying to hit half and 3/4 shots but something mental kicks in when you start the downswing) straight from the start, but I got round.
Needed to sit down for an hour after, and spent most of Saturday back in bed as a result as everything froze up again

But I got round, it didn’t rain, and shot 39 pts off a negotiated 18, which I was more than well pleased with As you can guess, but I think was a result of not going for the green very much on second shots and not hitting a driver at all.
funniest bit was trying to find some golf shoes on Friday which for some reason were in my daughter’s room!? And having to scrag the best condition used balls I could find from the couple of carrier bags in the garage. In the end I took a yellow Titleist all the way round which was also pleasing. Realised on the first tee that the putter in the bag was a belly one, so had to learn how to not anchor with it on the hoof.

Anyway, it was lovely to be back, even if it did write off Saturday as a result. Going to have another go in a few weeks time

PS hope everyone from the old days are safe and well etc