175 million - what outrageously expensive golf item you're buying?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I’d have zero interest in running a golf club, more bitching goes on it wouldn’t be worth the hassle to me. I’d invest heavily into my golf club though and use that money as the voice of the members so they get improvements they are after. I’d then pay my friends a salary that their wife’s wouldn’t allow them to refuse to travel the world playing a bucket list course a month so there away For no more than a week at a time. Saves their marriage and we can share the experience and stories with each other.

No interest in gold Honma clubs or other pretentious crap. I have all the golf gear I desire and nothing I’d want to switch out I replace everything almost every year anyway.

The main focus though...

Build a state of the art driving range with all the super hi tech gear going and tie this into a golf talent management company. I have good friends that I feel could have made it on lower level tours but it was too much risk financially for them to take. I’d love to give others the chance to live out their dreams, have a support structure in place to make it financially viable with the best coaches on hand to help see it through. Would have to do a lot of scouting etc but I’d get so much enjoyment out of giving people the opportunity they otherwise most likely couldn’t justify. This would extend to younger golfing enthusiasts to get them the coaching their parents may not be able to afford, equipment and fun experiences to keep them engaged.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I wouldn't buy my club but would make a substantial contribution to it (in return for lifetime membership).
Buy a house near enough to the course to walk to it and another one in earnest climes on a golf course so my missus can enjoy the warmth.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Quotation-George-Best-I-spent-a-lot-of-money-on-booze-birds-and-2-59-25.jpg

birdyhunter

Visit site
Each to their own of course but that would be my worst nightmare. Don’t care how much money I had I would feel so out of place living and playing at Wentworth.

That's up to you I guess, but I was born nearby, had a house a few miles away and have a relative who's a member at Wentworth and have played the course with him several times, it's awesome.. I think I'd enjoy it as one of the courses I'd join if I'd dropped the jackpot.

The trouble is that if you feel you won't fit in at a fabulous course then you might as well carry on playing at your local muni.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like the idea of a caddy, travelling first class with me to all the top courses in the world.

I have a short list. Some of them may not know what golf is. You can’t have it all.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd buy Monte Mayor and restore it to it's former glory.
My other house would be at Cape Kidnappers in NZ.
Oh, and lots of cars!