175 million - what outrageously expensive golf item you're buying?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I'd like to buy a membership at Royal Dornoch and a house nearby. A house on a nice course in the Algarve and I'd try and get membership at Hirono in Japan. Then I'd ho travelling the globe playing all the courses on my bucket list.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Big house with a large practice area similar to what Harrington has and an indoor studio for the winter. Membership of some decent courses. Would buy my club, similar to others. Would be quite interested to get involved to a degree in running it as I'd need something to keep my mind active as I'd not be working. Thing is once you've bought the houses, cars, etc, made sure family and friends were ok, there would still be loads left and you'd struggle to spend the interest let alone the lump sum

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Big house with a large practice area similar to what Harrington has and an indoor studio for the winter. Membership of some decent courses. Would buy my club, similar to others. Would be quite interested to get involved to a degree in running it as I'd need something to keep my mind active as I'd not be working. Thing is once you've bought the houses, cars, etc, made sure family and friends were ok, there would still be loads left and you'd struggle to spend the interest let alone the lump sum

with 175m you can become a full time philanthropist, plenty out there needing some help :) rather that than running the golf club having the guys from the swindle all asking for a hand out lol

D

Deleted member 29109

One could do a lot of good with £175m. It would become my full time job to make sure it was spent well.
I'd start by setting up my village kids football club up with the best facilities and buying loads of parcels of land marked for development.

I'd look at setting up and funding a golf facility just for juniors.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
As our golf club is always struggling financially i would buy the club and then spend loads of money on it, would also make the fees a lot cheaper to entice new members.

Then i would probably spend that much time there that HID would probably divorce me and take half the money :eek:
This. I'd love to be able to wipe out the club's debt, spend a fortune on drainage and other areas of the course and carry out improvements to the clubhouse.

I would also insist on anonymity.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As per several others I would buy my own golf course. Then I could dictate to the green keeper when I can use a buggy and in any pandemic lockdown I am on my own property.

One thing I know I would always do is give the winning ticket to my children then they can give me an interest free lifetime loan of the money.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Lifetime membership at Wentworth, plus a nice house or 2 on the estate, that would do nicely.

Each to their own of course but that would be my worst nightmare. Don’t care how much money I had I would feel so out of place living and playing at Wentworth.