100 Holes, 1 Day - For B'ham Kids Hosptial

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello All.

as i mentioned in a Previous Post, My Son was diagnosed with Leukaemia a couple of months or so ago. The care he has received at the Birmingham Children's Hospital has been second to none and i am going to raise money for the Cancer Team/Ward at the hospital. I feel blessed having the best team in the UK on my doorstep.

So , I have decided to the 100 Holes of golf in 1 day challenge.

*Date - Friday 16th August , 2013
*Venue - Harborne Golf Club

I have done 4 rounds in a day before and that was brutal, but 5 and half rounds in a day..........yeah, i'm mental! I had clearance from the club yesterday and in 24hrs i have already raised over £300 and now i am shamefully plugging it everywhere!. I know i don't know any of you and i am sure some think i'm a rep for Dunlop Golf (i'm a NZ9 Driver away from a full house!! :rofl:) but any help you can provide , Donate or just simply pass the message around, that would be great. Some of the messages i have already received from some of the users have been very touching and i thank you . Go to

http://www.justgiving.com/rgriffiths1983

Plug over and thank you for reading :thup::thup:

Rich

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good luck with your quest I followed the TM sponsored event at stoke park on Tuesday via twitter and over 15 hrs to complete with plenty of sore and aching limbs to finish with.

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far. I have had some good Re-Tweets too , including a Message From Tony Johnstone. He said his lad did it earlier this year and the best advice he could pass on was to buy some very comfy golf shoes!. Great stuff.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
well done and good luck- it's a great cause and needs every penny.

whats your twitter account and I'll RT

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Rich this sounds great! Nice to see something very local to me happening on here! I must ask, are you taking part at Harborne GC, or Church Farm opposite? I would imagine playing the same 9 holes, eleven times over would get a little tedious! Good luck with it all, hope it goes well!

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Fantastic mate! I wish you all the best in your challenge.

I hope you raise money but also awareness of how good these wards are with support etc

All the best

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Rich this sounds great! Nice to see something very local to me happening on here! I must ask, are you taking part at Harborne GC, or Church Farm opposite? I would imagine playing the same 9 holes, eleven times over would get a little tedious! Good luck with it all, hope it goes well!

hi. Thanks for the Message.

I am doing this at Harborne GC, they have been very kind in allowing me to do this on there course. I have played it many times and it is a very good track. Very testing. Just how I like it.

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Its a good job its not Church farm... for anyone who hasn't played it I have seen someone finish a round on the first tee... Slight shank into the 9th hole...

I played that course as a kid and thought it was amazing... now I guess it just seems so small.

To the OP, are you doing this on your lonesome? Will get the justgiving link out there for you mate

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Its a good job its not Church farm... for anyone who hasn't played it I have seen someone finish a round on the first tee... Slight shank into the 9th hole...

I played that course as a kid and thought it was amazing... now I guess it just seems so small.

To the OP, are you doing this on your lonesome? Will get the justgiving link out there for you mate

Hi.

Yeah I doing on my own but I will have caddies each round to speed up my round and verify my score.

Thanks for your support

Rich

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Was going to follow on Twitter until I saw the Villa badge. Only kidding and now following. Good luck and look forward to updates throughout the day. Just retweeted too

i know, someone has to support them. My boss at work was waiting on his season ticket at Old Trafford. i said, be a villa fan and you can get one on the gate!!!

Thanks again for the RT and follow, i shall be flogging it again over the tonight and tomorrow and then i will leave it for a bit. before i get messages from people saying im clogging there timelines lol