£70ish golf shoes.

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Birthday coming up and I need new golf shoes. Old dear said she would put £50 towards a pair of shoes and the Mrs says she still has £20 to spend on stuff for me.

Can anyone recommend any? Preferably spikeless as they will be used in Portugal and would prefer spikeless, but doesn't have to be.

Ive tried on and liked:
FJ awd £39.99
Adipower boost 2014/2015 £59.99
Nike lunar £54.99
Oakley cipher 2 £28.99

Can anyone who owns any of these give me their thoughts on them please.

The Oakley cipher 2 shoes were incredibly comfortable and very light, with a very nice price tag but it's not really a design that I like.

Would you go with comfort over looks?

Thanks all

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Add another tenner and get the 2015 Adidas Boost Gripmore ones at £79.99 (think they're this price everywhere I got them at Clubhouse Golf)

I've bought another couple if pairs at that price, best shoes I've had and if it's comfort you're after you won't be disappointed.

D

Deleted member 15344

Agree with NW

If you aren't a fan of that style then the normal Gripmores are superb also

And29

Head Pro
Visit site
Pp has adipower boost and loves them

i picked up some Addidas Gripmores for £36 from sports direct amazing deal as they are£90 sizes may have gone

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personally id go on ebay and buy some nike tw14's. You may have to check a few times for your size to become available but a fantastic shoe

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have the Footjoy AWD, im a footjoy fan but they ripped my feet apart the first time I wore them for a round, have only used them for practising since.

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Add another tenner and get the 2015 Adidas Boost Gripmore ones at £79.99 (think they're this price everywhere I got them at Clubhouse Golf)

I've bought another couple if pairs at that price, best shoes I've had and if it's comfort you're after you won't be disappointed.

I think it may have been them actually. They were 69.99 not 59.99. Really comfy but never bought them as my size wasn't in stock and all they could do was order them in, so thought I would look around first.

My current shoe is the Adidas 360 tour.

Thank you for the suggestions, I shall browse all them sites now.

Mugs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Especially if it's Portugal your going to then have a look at the Adidas climacool spikeless, very light, comfy and keep you airy, can be had for about £40

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Would definately choose comfort over looks, I have some adizeros that look gorgeous but my feet are killing me after 18 holes.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Spiked or spikeless?

Plenty options in both if you shop around but Ecco are my new favorite. Last year's street's can be had for sub-£70.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Keep an eye on Ebay

I got some Ecco Tour Hybrids

images

On there in November for £75 new in the box

SUPERB shoes.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Add £20 of your own and get a pair of Mi Adidas Adicross IV in your own custom design.... wide fit and half size up are perfect. Alternatively the Footjoy Dryjoy Casual is a superb shoe, extremely comfortable in a wide fit. The only minus point was the spikeless sole - seemed to be a fairly hard compound and consequently wore mine down in a single season.... but that was wearing them three or four rounds a week.