£ 800 for a putter!?! Am i missing something ?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Limited edition, buyer won’t use, will store in pristine condition and even the headcover will be worth a fair bit in many, many years time. At least that’s the theory.

I have a very rare beauty that would fetch similarly eye watering amounts except that I don’t have the headcover and I made the dumbass move of actually using it ? It’s one of 100 putters and David Whitlam is a very well respected putter maker.

D16983FD-8CD5-4B08-856D-F554E57490BF.jpeg

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wouldn’t say it’s exotic enough to appeal to the real collectors, on the same token it’s seems OTT to have in the bag. Weird market to go at.

Agreed. Funnily enough it doesn’t say (even on the Bettinardi website) how many putters were made? Limited run fine but is it 100, 1000? I’d want the model number and run number on it for that sort of money. Well. I’d want quite a bit more for that money, but I guess I’m not the target audience ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Whether it is stupid high prices or very low prices, nothing surprises me with regard to golf equipment.

So much smoke and mirrors with the marketing and pretty colours and folderols on the product.

But I ain't buying it, so what do I know?

I would like to hear the opinion of someone who has paid over £500 for a putter.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Whether it is stupid high prices or very low prices, nothing surprises me with regard to golf equipment.

So much smoke and mirrors with the marketing and pretty colours and folderols on the product.

But I ain't buying it, so what do I know?

I would like to hear the opinion of someone who has paid over £500 for a putter.

Not quite £500 but I just spent £300 on a Toulon putter, which is something I never thought I'd do, but it was money that I'd got from selling old equipment and a little luck with a bet. My previous putter was £70 and I loved it - just thought I'd treat myself to something super nice.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You could put the same arguement about anything, watches, cars, houses…….
You could but we don’t have an are watches,cars, houses to expensive. ?

But I know what you mean, is the putter an investment like the £6,300 bottle of whiskey I posted the other day.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Each to their own, and if you've got the money.... But buying anything, and locking it away, in the hope it goes up in value without using it / enjoying or maybe even looking at it isn't for me

GBC