Your Golf Swings

03powellcha

Hacker
Visit site
Hi Niell
I am a five handicaper
and i have a few problems with my hips, they always seem to come through too early and therefore i loose all my timing power accuracy. No one ive ever talked too seems to know how to prevent this. I hope you can give me some sort of drill to help.

Here is my swing from down the line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrqIxp-8G1w

Here is my swing sqaure on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUqVlPZnt50

I hope you can help

Cheers

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi
i dont know when Neil will be in next, so in the meantime, here's something for to ponder.
If you see the picture below, you dont have very much hip turn which in turn reduces your shoulder turn which in turn reduces your power

forum.jpg

Now, compare your position with Tiger

Photo0.jpg

Just try and complete your turn before starting your downswing
Hope this helps

Bob

Joe_Way

Visit site
My swing

Here is my golf swing...... feedback would be much appreciated....... although i think one of my problems is a flat swing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVUutgNuD0g

Do you have regular coaching at the moment? If yes, what have you specifically been working on? VERY RARELY HAVE LESSONS
What do you consider to be the strengths of your game? DRIVING
Weaknesses? THAT ONE BAD SHOT A ROUND
How often do you play/practise? PLAY EVERY DAY AND PRACTICE 3/4 DAYS
What is your scoring average/handicap? 8
Do you keep stats? YES
What is your strike/shot/shape pattern for the following clubs
Driver/Tee shots SLIGHT DRAW
Fariway woods DRAW/HOOK
Rescue Clubs SLIGHT DRAW
Long/medium irons SLIGHT DRAW
Short irons STRAIGHT (FAIRLY LOW FLIGHT)

dave_m

Visit site
Hi,

I have attached a link to my swing below.

I don't have coaching, and haven't since the handful of lessons I had when I was first taking up the sport as a youngster.
I play usually 27 - 36 holes perweek during the summer.
I can play to around 10 over par on easy courses but a more accurate handicap would be around 15-17 on most courses. As I am not currently a member of a club I don't have an official handicap.
My shot shape is a fade. It is very controllable almost all the time apart from with the driver, which is more erratic, though I still use to good effect at times.
I don't keep stats though do try to roughly monitor number of putts each round.
I would say I am a good ball striker with pretty good distance and my iron play was the strongest facet of my game. particularly the low to mid irons.

Look forward to hearing your comments!

http://vimeo.com/5279943

richie77

Visit site
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/hemheath/?action=view&current=Picture005-1.flv

hi neil,

i'll try to answer your questions as to the point as i can,

i don't have regular coaching at present, although have had 3 lessons on basic set up, irons, driving and short game in the past 6 months

strengths - short game - 100 yards in
weakness - long irons

play at least 18 on a weekend, possibly 9 in the week, range at least once a week

h'cap 18

driver/fw woods - all seem to go straight then fade/slice away

rescue - left to right

long/med irons - fairly straight

short irons - straight

i've been playing seriously since around Oct last year.

Any comments would be appreiciated

Thanks

Richie

adamk15

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi neil here is my answers and swing :D

Do you have regular coaching at the moment? If yes, what have you specifically been working on? NO I HAVE ONLY EVER HAD VERY OCCASIONAL LESSONS
What do you consider to be the strengths of your game? AN IMPROVING GAME AND PRETTY SOLID STRIKING
Weaknesses? POOR DISTANCE, COMPARED WITH OTHER MY AGE AND SIZE
How often do you play/practise? TWICE A WEEK BUT CURRENTLY MORE DUE TO BEING ON HOLIDAY
What is your scoring average/handicap? MY HANDICAP IS 23 BUT HAVE BEEN GETTING CUT ALL THE TIME
Do you keep stats? NOT REALLY, NO
What is your strike/shot/shape pattern for the following clubs
Driver/Tee shots FAIRLY LOW, DRAW, SOMETIMES HOOK
Fariway woods HIGHER BUT STILL DRAW, SOMETIMES HOOK, OCCASIONAL CHUNK
Rescue Clubs NICE HEIGHT AND TRAJECTORY, SHES MY BABY
Long/medium irons QUITE LOW, STRUGGLE MAKING A GOOD CONSISTENT STRIKE, OCCASIONAL SLICE
Short irons PLEASED WITH THESE SHOTS, HIGH, SOFT LANDING

Further notes: I am 15, about 5' 10 and been playing golf for approx. 18 months.

Here is the link to my swing http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/ac231/adamk15/?action=view&current=MySwing.flv

Would be great to hear from you with any tips.

Conor1

Visit site
Hello all

I am a new convert to the world of golf. I started playing in May of last year (hacked around as a teenager with no real interest), took half a dozen lessons, joined a club and acquired a handicap of 22. I only get to visit a course about 10 a year but I do visit the driving range about twice a week. I have just returned from a wonderful five day trip to Vale Do Lobo where I played the best games of my life. However as I have only practised driving, and iron shots my short game is woeful as I cannot chip and moreoften than not, I am a 3 put man!

Anyway, here is my swing. I have worked hard on it. I am slightly built but I can drive a fair distance, averaging 300 yards and much longer if driving downhill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6yj-bWTbYs

Conor1

Visit site
I think, young man, you should wind your neck in and learn some respect. If and when I want your opinion, I will ask you for it. Until then go about your business, quietly....

There are enough loud mouths in this world, without the likes of you joining their ranks. Pipe down before you upset the wrong the person...

Conor1

Visit site
Hi Bob

I was looking for an honest opinion on my swing, from one of the resident experts, not a sideswipe from a relative newbie and teenager at that!. I shall edit my post as I dont want to start a cyber war.

Apologies and good night.

p.s I am a relative newcomer to the game and enjoy every aspect of it from the social through to friendly competitions. I hope to get my handicap down to 16 by the end of the summer.

Conor1

Visit site
Hi Tony

It is a Callaway Hyper X with a 11.5 degree loft. It is a pretty forgiving club ans as long as I do my part it can hit a good ball.

Regards

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hello Conor1,

Your swing looks a bit loose and floppy, and therefore pretty inconsistant one would guess. Your left arm appears to collapse completely at the top of your swing, it should really remain as straight as possible whereas yours appears to have 90° of bend at the elbow. Try hitting shots with only a 3/4 swing when you are at the range, keeping that left arm straight, it should help you remain in control of the clubhead more and reduce that loose overswing you have at the top.

hope this helps.

iwtuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well chaps for what it's worth, here's my attempt at swinging the old iron! I'm 28 handicap, and I am prone to slicing the ball, more so the longer the club. This clip was hitting a 7-iron. I apologise for the poor quality (Damn Blackberries!), but any critique gratefully received.

My Swing

Cheers,
Ian

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ian,

Which range was that?

It looks although your feet are slightly open at address and that you are swinging on a very steep plane. I'd advise putting a club down parallel with the target line to just make sure everything is lined up correctly. It looks like you are slightly throwing your shoulders over the top as you come back down which would explain the slicing.

If you PM me I might have the name of a couple of local pros who would be able to sort you out in minutes.

iwtuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Homer,

That was at an extremely wet Addlestone range, I went to see what all the fuss was about "TopGolf"!

I saw straight away the fact I appear to be slightly open at address, even though I'd have bet good money at the time on it being square! As for your other comments; all taken on board - I'm not good enough to see what's happening or what isn't happening!

PM sent also.

Cheers,
Ian