Your favourite TV programme

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a bit difficult to pick my favourite programme ever off the top of my head. Most of my favourites have been comedies, or at least dramas with a hint of comedy.
Peep Show, IT Crowd, Father Ted, Toast of London, Inbetweeners, Breaking Bad, Brooklyn 99, Rick and Morty, DareDevil (Netflix series), Parks and Recreation, The Thick Of It, The Office, Frasier, Friends, Mighty Boosh, Coupling, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Blackadder, Spaced, Red Dwarf, New Girl, The Fast Show...

I really haven't narrowed that down very much. There are probably more I forgot as well.

Robin Hood

Visit site
Salvage Hunters (on Quest) and Mock the Week are my current favourites.
However I do like some of the classics listed above.
Big thumbs up for Endeavour and Vera too.

Visit site
Wow some old favourites of mine here, Thunderbirds, Hill Street, NYPD, of course West Wing, we have the whole box set, quite brilliant writing. Allo Allo was great.
Of the new stuff, I thought the two series of Killing Eve was brilliant, the second one was very funny. And I like Blacklist, James Spader is a delight, again brilliant writing.

Whoops, nearly forgot Inspector Morse and Dexter. I'm sure there are loads more!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like a good murder mystery, albeit with a liberal dose of escapism, so Midsomer Murders (the ones with Bergerac in charge) and Lewis
Frasier was fantastic. Brilliantly written.

U

User62651

No favourite a such but a US show I enjoy is 'Tanked' - home aquarium installation show, often in celebs big fancy houses. 2 guys visit, measure up, get creative with designs, workshop it, install and surprise the new owner.
Total switch off from reality - Get to see very fancy houses and people's little faces light up when they see their new aquariums full of cool tropical fish, along with a bit of forced banter from the show's 2 main NY guys and support.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
This.

The sopranos will never be bettered IMO.

An absolute Tyrannosaurus if a programme.

Only things that imo have come close are

The Wire
Gomorrah
Deadwood

And the first series of True Detective was utterly Brilliant too.
Breaking bad is the only one that comes close.
Most series start to get tired & run out of ideas,Sopranos just kept getting better.