You must attend the presentation :-(

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Crow you a member or visitor ?

Happily received my £70 voucher for 3rd, and viewing the pic on twitter very casual presentation as you said 👍 stress over tbf I'd started on my Friday Stella intake so probably best stay at home 😱

I'm a member. I see you had another good round today and currently sitting in third place. :thup:

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
During our open week we do the presentation for all the comps at the end of the week and it makes for a really good night.

We also have a 'major' once a month and the presentation for that comp includes the prize giving for the other comps in the month. It is expected that prize winners attend but any that don't get their winnings put on their account. Due to illness and hospital operations two of our main comps have been played on the last two Saturdays. Both have been well attended, probably about eighty at each and a good proportion tend to stay for most of the night.

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am not sure what the organiser really expect some times.

Son played junior 36 hole open this summer - 8.00am first round tee time first group off, 1pm second round and finished before 5pm and an hour drive each way to attend so had a very early start to give time for warm up and allow for traffic.

Problem here was 1 tee start rather than the usual 2 tee start you get at most locations and very high handicap players playing afternoon round only as a development stable ford.

Next day he had another 36 hole competition so left around 5.30pm when I arrived to collect him.

Presentation was timed for 8pm (took place nearer to 8.30pm) - turned out he won lowest gross for round 2.

Got a letter through the post with a pro shop voucher which to say the least was rather pointed about him not being there for prize giving.

We never bothered going back to collect on the voucher ....

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm a member. I see you had another good round today and currently sitting in third place. :thup:

Yes hitting form at the wrong time 😱 great club, very friendly and scratch team etc flying high after the foursomes victories #Titles

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
At one of my old clubs. You were required to go to a monthly presentation if you wanted any of your winnings for that month. Full jacket and tie event.
If you didn’t collect it went into the committee pot.
The pro shop hated it,as it wasn’t well attended and it was lost income for the pro shop.
wonder if they’ve changed their procedure.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
At one of my old clubs. You were required to go to a monthly presentation if you wanted any of your winnings for that month. Full jacket and tie event.
If you didn’t collect it went into the committee pot.
The pro shop hated it,as it wasn’t well attended and it was lost income for the pro shop.
wonder if they’ve changed their procedure.

I guess they needed the revenue maybe ? Or just old duffers. I guess if it the rule then its your choice, I've never been a fan of presentations as I don't like the limelight. Not that it happens much and forget speeches 😖

Shame they don't do a split bar v pro shop option 🍺

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Feeling a little guilty this morning.

for the first time since I've been a member I didn't attend the presentation night.

believe it or not my name got called out and I won £10 :D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Following a virtual no show a couple of years ago our club changed its policy and we had our presentation this afternoon following the final comp of the year. A shotgun start, full bar, everything handed out in 10 minutes. Everyone happy.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Following a virtual no show a couple of years ago our club changed its policy and we had our presentation this afternoon following the final comp of the year. A shotgun start, full bar, everything handed out in 10 minutes. Everyone happy.

Yep, that's how it should be!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quite like what they do at my new club. End of season ball, presentations done in the first hour so partners do mot get bored and then a good evening of food, beer and music. Plus cheap rates for all in the hotel