Yet more celeb wannabes

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
So, Britains Got Talent has finished, that's got to be an oxymoron, The Apprentice is coming to an end (reckon Alex will win, best of a bad bunch), we now have the daddy of all wannabe celebs programmes in Big Brother starting tonight.

What freaks are we to endure for the next 3 months. Wife will ignore me for three months.

So for my viewing pleasure I have either BB or Euro 08, personnally don't see much difference between the footballers and the BB contestants half the time. Maybe I can get Sky for a few months, or just watch endless Fifth Gear and Top Gear repeats on Dave.

Just might lose the will to live.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
My God!
The freaks are moving in!
Mrs Basher is glued to the telly already. Typical assortment - Geek, Bimbo, Large breasted hag and equally muscle bound ug of a boyfriend.........oh yes and the mandatory screaming homo!
Still more to go in..........Jeez, I just can't wait!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not watching my arms :D My mrs tried to watch it but I made her watch Jumper instead, what a film. Just stocked up on latest films and a few good series so no BB for me thank god!

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Always thought it would be improved by the following;

"Day 34 in the big brother hoose today big brother introduced a new hoosemate Mr Tiger"

Now that I would pay to watch!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I detest the program I was flicking through the channels saw that it was on and made sure that I didn't stop on that channel. I really can not see how people can enjoy it.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
I accidentally watched 78 seconds of the "Opening Night" of BB9 and had to lie down in a darkened room for 1/2 an hour to recover. Appalling television.

As for the Apprentice: I reckon Claire will win. Lucinda should get a special award for being so far removed from the norm.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hands up time, please don't hate me for this but I love BB, it is one of the most interesting studies of human psychology + sociology available to all people, I use it as a case study all the time in my lessons as all my students watch it.

I don't follow the gossip etc (gotta retain my masculinity) I just watch the way people act, sit + speak etc with new people.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am by know means qualified to disagree with your opinion if you are a teacher HTL but would it not be fair to say that BB is an unfair and bias reflection of human psychology and in particular sociology purely because the people on the show are chosen because they are different/ not normal. You wouldn't be able to learn anything about the general population just information about how a bunch of nutters behave. Anything you learn is surely limited. Do correct me if I am wrong though because I know little about the subject and this is just a bit of an assumption which is probably influenced by my dislike for the program.

I do understand why you watch it though for teaching purposes so I won't slate you for it and for someone who obviously takes an interest in psychology/sociology I can see why it interests you. I could still think of better uses of my time though!

B

birdieman

I'd back HTL, lots of people knock it but for an hour's entertainment in the evening show it's fine. Just like a soap opera. Me and the Mrs don't mind watching this short highlight show, couldn't watch the live feed though.
I think they're trying to get away from the celebrity wannabees and seem to have a more normal cross-section of people in there this time.
I wish they would stop all the nonsense tricks and just deprive them of food, booze, sleep and personal space - that'll drive them all up the wall and make for interesting viewing.
A lot of people say they hate BB but I reckon they'll quite happily watch it for an hour late in the evening.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Every person is not normal in their own idiosyncratic ways, the people in the house are exactly the kind you see when you leave the house. They play up for the camera in the first few days but settle down after a day or two.

Ill give you an example of my interest so far, When people walked in they had a choice of turning left / right down the stairs, this shows loads about their thought processes so BB will manipulate that, when the oldest bloke who thinks he is Italian yawned he showed his canine teeth showing he believes himself to be the alpha male.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
The wife picked up on the stairs thing, and I reckoned that if you were right handed you'd go down the left stairs in order to hold onto the handrail that was on the right, and vice versa. Guess that it's a sub concious thing though.

Got to admit though, that as a people watching exercise it's no different to sitting outside the cafe on the high street, and it's how they intereact that's interesting, whilst establishing a pecking order.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really don't know how anyone can watch this mind numbing crap!
All reality shows are full of wannabe's, has beens, never will be's and attention seeking luvvies who want to think they are still famous.
How many A list celebs have ever been on a reality show?

blindpete

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any predictions on who will "flip" first? I'm going each way on the crazy looking Albino lad, apparently he was kicked out of the USA for being in a gang. But as that may be a bit obvious I'll also have a punt on the that oriental looking girl in some sort of massage massacre!!