Would you play every day?

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Long weekend here in Spain and I'd planned four rounds but I've backed out of tomorrow's game. Would you play every day if it was possible?
I'd like to play 5 mornings a week, have lunch at the club and then spend the afternoon at the beach. Evenings, drinking cold beer on a ''terraza''. Dinner, then a coffee and malt whisky before bed, dreaming about great golf the next day.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When I was out of work last year I played almost every day between May and August. I have to say I never got bored. I didn't necessarily play 18 holes each day but I would be at the club hitting balls and tinkering with my game.

If money wasn't an issue I'd happily be there every day. In an ideal world I'd love to work at my club in some capacity so I could be there every day with the opportunity to play and practice

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
to be honest given the option I probably wouldn't as I have other hobbies as well. Although this summer I have 8 weeks of nothing so intend to play 3 times a week at least.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since moving to NZ we've played less golf than when in UK as the other "stuff" we enjoy doing is more accessable here in Christchurch, but in answer to your question I like to play 3 to 4 times a week and OH twice a week.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the more you play the likely it is to pick up bad habbits. A great saying I heard last year was to "keep your self hungry". In other words the more you play you get bored. I've just played 4 days in a row and I'm knackered, so I'm giving it a miss today and tomorrow. I may not play again until next Saturday. I know guys who play every day an it dosent improve their game.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do want to play every day, if i'm playing well but as stated above, if your not playing well, it's not good.

I play mon tues wed, back in work thurs to sun so by monday am gagging for it again!

Is actually quite a good routine now!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would love to have the opportunity,but still would only play 4/5 times a week.

Got shoulder and back problems from an old job (Diver) and I struggle to play more.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I rarely played more than twice a week in the early days. I joined a private club (had been at a muni) in the Easter of 1995 and played everyday for about 2 months. It was the biggest jump in improvement I ever made, not least because every visit to the club included an hour putting or chipping/pitching. If I hadn't been having regular lessons at the time, it could have been dodgy though; ingraining a bad swing could be costly, but the general "learning" made then still has a relevance to my game now.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll play as often as possible. With flexi-time and given decent weather that's 5 times a week with maybe an extra weekend game at another course.

McCojac

Medal Winner
Visit site
When I was in N. Ireland I played every day as my job at that time gave me the opportunity for that although I only played 5 rounds and the other 2 days I would practice for a couple of hours also I would only play 4 rounds on my own course which was Galgorm Castle at the time and then visit another course for a change of scenery one day a week.
Since I moved to Tidworth I've been lucky if I've been able to play 3 times a month but as I move again next week I hope that I will be back able to play most days again with some decent time management.( As well as an understanding Fiancee )