Would you guys please take a look at my swing?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is gonna be moved to Experts....!

Alignment. Shoulders left, feet right, hips left. Ball flight starts left. Where did you want to hit it?
Overswing, but that's not uncommon or too bad in cases
Shoes. Dodgy ;)

Oh, and welcome.

D

Deleted Member 1156

19 handicap?? You must have the worst short game in the world if you play off 19 with a swing like that. It's a very sound swing but pay attention to your setup, from the camera angle it looks like you haven't got your angles correct.

Work on setup but swing looks very tidy!

KJT123

Head Pro
Visit site
This is gonna be moved to Experts....!

Alignment. Shoulders left, feet right, hips left. Ball flight starts left. Where did you want to hit it?
Overswing, but that's not uncommon or too bad in cases
Shoes. Dodgy ;)

Oh, and welcome.
Thanks. Yeah my feet were purposely aiming right however the ball went where I wanted it to go. I do this because I struggle to turn the club head over when my feet are aiming at target and so I normally get a big slice. And haha thanks for the advice on the shoes.

KJT123

Head Pro
Visit site
19 handicap?? You must have the worst short game in the world if you play off 19 with a swing like that. It's a very sound swing but pay attention to your setup, from the camera angle it looks like you haven't got your angles correct.

Work on setup but swing looks very tidy!

Thanks. The other week I shot a 10 over at my home course so I do believe that my swing doesn't reflect my handicap. In fact I would say that my short game is one of the best bits of my game, and the reason I'm not shooting low scores is because I'm so inconsistent with the driver.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your right foot pulled back a little is not a problem as it helps to swing from the inside. You fan the club open early in the takeaway by rotating your forearms. If you have very good timing you may be able to get them back square but if not I would imagine you suffer from an open clubface and hit pushes and maybe some fades or slices. What are your bad shots ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi

New member here, and it would be much appreciated if you could have a look at my swing and give me some feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLvU4XWZA6U

A very good, natural, flowing swing.
To gain more consistency, I'd suggest you turn your hips a fraction to the right at address as they point a little left .
That in turn will help get your shoulders on line which in turn will help you start the ball straighter.
Apart from that, not perfect but no major worries

KJT123

Head Pro
Visit site
Your right foot pulled back a little is not a problem as it helps to swing from the inside. You fan the club open early in the takeaway by rotating your forearms. If you have very good timing you may be able to get them back square but if not I would imagine you suffer from an open clubface and hit pushes and maybe some fades or slices. What are your bad shots ?

Thanks. Yes my bad shots are normally slices

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You've got an 'across the line over-swing' going on there, your weight shift is a bit strange as you load up your right side whilst also sitting back a bit (head moves back as you take the club away), can't say I like the rolling of your left foot onto it's side on the backswing.... looks like a perfect slicers swing! :D

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interested in comments about KJT's left leg. It seems very active in the backswing for me and I've had my instructor recently working hard to make sure that my upper body coils well whilst leaving the left leg where it is.

Might just be something he's trying with me as my left leg was horrendous!

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
You've got an 'across the line over-swing' going on there, your weight shift is a bit strange as you load up your right side whilst also sitting back a bit (head moves back as you take the club away), can't say I like the rolling of your left foot onto it's side on the backswing.... looks like a perfect slicers swing! :D

Thought the same about the foot almost looks like its the club reaching the top of follow through that pulls his foot up, rather than driving with his legs and getting his back boot up.
Looks like he smothers his left arm with your his right arm too.

KJT123

Head Pro
Visit site

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean about the weight shift, could you please explain and how could I improve this?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean about the weight shift, could you please explain and how could I improve this?

If you look closely you can see your weight shifts into your right heel (you can almost see your right big toe lift as your weight starts to roll your right shoe outwards). I'd rather you kept the weight INSIDE your right foot, on the instep, and not on the heel. Once on the heel it's hard to get your weight moving properly and your swing becomes more of a 'spin' instead of a fluid move through the ball. Think of having a chewing-gum under your right heel and try swinging without putting any added pressure on the gum.