World Series.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone watching the WS on ESPN just now. Ever since my first ballgame on holiday recently, I've kinda gotten into it a bit.
I'm really enjoying finding out about a new sport and learning all the jargon.
Anyone else watching?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
More of a basketball man myself ,went to see the Magic v Knicks when on holiday in April what an atmosphere ,and the game is quicker.

DCB

Visit site
I got tickets to the Cavs in 2002 and we just sat drinking beer til the last 2 minutes when it got interesting.

Made me wonder hy they just dont make it a 15 minure rammy.

Just like an Old Firm game ;)

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I went to see Cleveland Indians in '96 and was kinda hooked on my return and used to sit up to daft o'clock watching it on telly until I realised it was pish !!!!!!!!

You need to be there.
I agree, I went to Toronto years ago and watched the Blue Jays a couple of times when I came back I was a B,ball nut. It soon wore off though.

B

birdieman

Which newspaper - News of the World? ;)

I saw LA Dodgers beat San Diego Padres back in 1991 at Dodger stadium
I saw a quite famous play where Daryl Strawberry hit a grand slam (bases loaded and Stawberry hit it out of the park so 4 guys walk in for 4 runs).

Like others here I enjoyed the whole experience but didn't become a fan, it was a one off. I would rather watch grid iron.

B

birdieman

Sorry Imurg......Ozzie rules is utter tedium, no idea what they're trying to do and don't want to frankly. :(

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which newspaper - News of the World? ;)

I saw LA Dodgers beat San Diego Padres back in 1991 at Dodger stadium
I saw a quite famous play where Daryl Strawberry hit a grand slam (bases loaded and Stawberry hit it out of the park so 4 guys walk in for 4 runs).

Like others here I enjoyed the whole experience but didn't become a fan, it was a one off. I would rather watch grid iron.

That happened at the game I was at Birdieman. A-Rod hit a grandslam against the Tampa Bay Rays. The whole stadium rose to acclaim it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Any American sport is tosh, be it Grid, rounders, Indy or Nascar, it all drags on, with very little action. Give me Rugby or footy any day of the week.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
For the past few years I've been a total Channel 5 addict. NFL and Baseball whenever I can stay awake long enough. I normally go to watch the Superbowl at my dads (he's 72) and get him to run round making tea and cheese-on-toast until 5.30am :)

There was a superbowl game (two years ago?) where they kicked off and the receiver returned the kick for a 90+yd touchdown, I was screaming at the tele and he was in the kitchen putting the toast on :D