Worksop Golf Club or College Pines GC

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finding myself working in that neck of the woods and may try and sneak a game in.
I am guessing having looked at prices that Worksop is nicer, but just how much nicer than College Pines is it?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I much preferred Bondhay to Worksop, just to add some more confusion! It's a well priced, lovely course, and just more interesting than Worksop. Prices isn't necessarily an indicator of better.
I can't help with College Pines though..

dronfield

Visit site
All 3 are worth playing - Bondhay is long and tough, but depending when you play, pace of play can be slow (societies etc). Worksop is a members club and so will prob be in the best condition (one criticism sometimes made against Bondhay re bunkers etc).
Ive not played CP for about 10 years - used to be owned/run by Snell from memory so a few European tour items on display.
Worksop has the Westwood connection.
All 3 drain well and playable all year round.
Bondhay will have deals on Golfnow.

Rich

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Of the three mentioned so far I’ve only played Bondhay, but I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there a couple of years ago.

NearHull

Visit site
I play 15 ish Opens each year generally around Leeds and York but we make a point of going to play in the Worksop Open as we think it it is the top third of our list, which includes Pannal, Fulford, etc.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played bondhay and CP. enjoyed bondhay but CP was good value for money. Some of the lads I play with much prefer Worksop. That said depending on your budget I would forget all three and bust a guy to get on Lindrick. Home
Of the Ryder cup in 57. Now that is nice.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Horses for courses. I don't like Bondhay at all. College Pines is OK and relatively cheap. Worksop is the best of the three. Not played Lindrick for a few years, but I expect it would be a better, but more expensive, option.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played both Worksop & Lindrick last year and enjoyed both courses. If they are still doing twilight prices after 4pm in the week Lindrick is not too expensive and was virtually deserted when we played on a Monday afternoon.