workman or tools?

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all, just got a new razr fit and am finding that the bulk of my shots are pulled left. The flight is fairly high and i am worried that the shaft is too whippy? Although not the most consistent Driver of the ball, my usual shot would be a fade. I have been working on releasing clubhead and trying to improve my swingpath and cant be sure if this is the club or me. The new club is 10.5 and has a regular shaft -it is set to neutral and weighted neutrally. I am going to try my old driver. I am concerned that i have bought the wrong thing. Am i worried about nothing?

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When you say release, are you refering to rolling your wrists at impact

Yes, to help me square the clubface - :had issues with my grip last year (too strong) this led to me holding face open at impact to counteract bad grip. Now i have grip sorted, i have had to battle to square face after months of keeping it open. At the time i wasnt as aware of path/plane/ott and all that- you merely adapt and compensate by trial and error till you get the flight you are looking for.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, to help me square the clubface - :had issues with my grip last year (too strong) this led to me holding face open at impact to counteract bad grip. Now i have grip sorted, i have had to battle to square face after months of keeping it open. At the time i wasnt as aware of path/plane/ott and all that- you merely adapt and compensate by trial and error till you get the flight you are looking for.

your problem is likely to be that you will be doing this 'adapt and compensate' from feel/feedback and your new club will be delivering a completely different feel for any given situation (relative to your old one)

you have 2 choices - adjust the new one to feel like the old one or establish a new feel with the help of your pro and work on that.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Try thinking about your golf swing. What are you doing with your wrists and arms, are you making difficult compensations that rely on good timing to work. What can you eliminate so you have less moving parts that allow you to become more consistant.