Woods gets 2 shot penalty - did it move?

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hardly the point is it? Shall we just let him off in case somebody elses ball has done it off camera?

The ball moved = Penalty.

Hes lucky he didnt get DQ for signing for a wrong score.

If he couldnt see that move there is something wrong with his eyes.

He did see it move and said he thought it rocked. If he was looking at the thing he was moving and not the ball then it may have looked that way.

Anyway he seems to have got fed up with mucking about on the course and has started playing golf but I'm sure someone will find another reason to slate him before the competition is over.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Hardly the point is it? Shall we just let him off in case somebody elses ball has done it off camera?

The ball moved = Penalty.

Hes lucky he didnt get DQ for signing for a wrong score.

If he couldnt see that move there is something wrong with his eyes.

The rules have been changed, no disqualification for score errors when involving trial by TV. It's kinda ironic that people first called him lucky for having lots of people help find his ball and now that same circus is causing him to be busted on TV.

Wenglish

Medal Winner
Visit site
It moved, if he said he didnt see it then id like to believe him as we play a sport which has a lot of reliance on honesty and if people see pros taking their time on shots and replicate that id really hate to play a sport where people are cheating because the think the pros all do it.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
The rules have been changed, no disqualification for score errors when involving trial by TV. It's kinda ironic that people first called him lucky for having lots of people help find his ball and now that same circus is causing him to be busted on TV.

you mis-understand the rule change

in this case if TW had signed and returned his card before a call/review, he would still have been DQ'd because -

1. he knew it had done something (he claimed it returned to the same point)
2. he could have established whether it had moved at the time, but didn't choose to.

Last edited:

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Doesn't look like its going to stop him having a massive chance of winning the thing still and at least he doesn't sulk around the course like Rory and co when things go against him. Heart of a lion!!!

Last edited:

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
It moved, if he said he didnt see it then id like to believe him as we play a sport which has a lot of reliance on honesty and if people see pros taking their time on shots and replicate that id really hate to play a sport where people are cheating because the think the pros all do it.

He must have seen it, he was taking care to remove the loose stuff...................what do we look at when doing this.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It moved and he got pinged for it. End of. I can understand if he didn't see it as we've had players on the green have the ball move and only get penalised through TV so I don't think it was a deliberate attempt to hood wink or cheat.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It moved and he got pinged for it. End of. I can understand if he didn't see it ....

I think the key here is that whilst we can't understand that he didn't see it (and he admits he did see it) we can understand how it interpreted it the way he did.

Personally I can't understand why he didn't call an RO, but then again that was the same situation with PH previously - they are so sure of their interpretation of what happened.

Wenglish

Medal Winner
Visit site
He must have seen it, he was taking care to remove the loose stuff...................what do we look at when doing this.

Yep totally think he should have seen it and the way he stops and lets go of the twig he has in his fingers id say he saw something so have to believe his version of events.

If it had been me and my ball id have called it if I thought it had moved.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
you mis-understand the rule change

in this case if TW had signed and returned his card before a call/review, he would still have been DQ'd because -

1. he knew it had done something (he claimed it returned to the same point)
2. he could have established whether it had moved at the time, but didn't choose to.

Well then I guess the officials need to learn the rules too. We either believe him that he didn't think it actually moved and therefor no need to ask for a replay, or we believe he's a cheat.......

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Yep totally think he should have seen it and the way he stops and lets go of the twig he has in his fingers id say he saw something so have to believe his version of events.

If it had been me and my ball id have called it if I thought it had moved.

Spot on, just seen it again and he lets go of the twig when the ball rolls back and drops a little. He seen it okay.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yep he seen it alright how many times can he get away with cheating, honest question.

We see players calling shots on themselves every day but never Tiger, how long till he gets punished for his blatant cheating.

But we don't do we, we don't see what 90% of the field are doing because they aren't filmed. If you're going to use trial by TV, it has to apply to the whole field otherwise it can't be fair. This isn't just a defence of Tiger by the way, it's about what's fair. Who knows what similar situations are happening all over the course and going unpunished because there are no cameras there to see it?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
But we don't do we, we don't see what 90% of the field are doing because they aren't filmed. If you're going to use trial by TV, it has to apply to the whole field otherwise it can't be fair. This isn't just a defence of Tiger by the way, it's about what's fair. Who knows what similar situations are happening all over the course and going unpunished because there are no cameras there to see it?

That is true.
However golf is built on trust[that players will do the right thing]all players expect that.
Imo Tiger saw the ball move,as he stopped straight away,he should have called it.