Woburn marquess

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
What i did find hilarious was the distance sound of a balls clunking of trees followed by a echoing "jesus feking christ".

I felt their pain

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd happily play any of them on any day. The Marquis does owe us one as Smiffy wrote earlier, it was the day after the storm had gone through and it was hit hard. The Duchess is about as tight as my home course and, to be fair, I found Forest Pines just as tight

Another forum meet please!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm split between the dukes and the duchess. For me, the marquess is just a wide open slog fest, often in a swamp.

Slog fest.? I thought the marquess was very tricky off the tee. I have to say it was very soggy underfoot for September. The course had just two nights of rain and drives where plugging in the fairway

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Slog fest.? I thought the marquess was very tricky off the tee. I have to say it was very soggy underfoot for September. The course had just two nights of rain and drives where plugging in the fairway

If that's tricky off the tee, don't bother with the Duchess!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If that's tricky off the tee, don't bother with the Duchess!

When we did the forum meet, the Marquis was badly affected from the storm and, in the afternoon, the Duchess was hosed down upon for the entire back 9 (and it was very cold too) I'd still go back any day

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When we did the forum meet, the Marquis was badly affected from the storm and, in the afternoon, the Duchess was hosed down upon for the entire back 9 (and it was very cold too) I'd still go back any day

Snap mate, I loved it . Even though it was cold, it was a cracking day and a cracking couple of courses.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I agree, I got 25 and that was not bad on the day!

I've just double checked Chris, and I actually only got 17 points mate!!! And that was with a spunky eagle on the 2nd.....:eek::eek::eek:
My abiding memories of the day are Fish's annoyance that nobody saw where his 1st tee effort with the yellow ball had gone (he even had a veiled pop at the starter!!) and his face on the 2nd when my bladed 9 iron hit the flag and dropped. And that was before he realised it was for 5 points hehehe!!

S

Snelly

Very interesting to read about people's views of the Duchess. I recall thinking the last time I played it that I would make sure it would be the last. Too narrow to be a fair test for all. I don't like it at all in fact.

Dukes is good but the Marquess is in a different league as far as I am concerned. Certainly not a slog fest and on the two occasions I have played it, it was immaculately presented.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'd go back but never in March or when it's still very wet, cold and very little green colour can be seen anywhere, I was really looking forward to playing it earlier this year for the first time but came away very underwhelmed and with no feeling in my hands, would rather pay more for the height of the summer and play and see it at its best.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'd go back but never in March or when it's still very wet, cold and very little green colour can be seen anywhere, I was really looking forward to playing it earlier this year for the first time but came away very underwhelmed and with no feeling in my hands, would rather pay more for the height of the summer and play and see it at its best.

I could have written that Robin