Winter golf shoes

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As the title suggests this is what I am looking for.

All I want is comfortable , keep your feet dry, and are reasonably priced.

Any help would be appreciated.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I have FJ winter boots, they lasted 2 years before the right one leaked pretty badly. I’m still wearing them though as I’m stubborn like that, l just go home with a wet sock.

sunshine

Visit site

sunshine

Visit site
FJ Dryjoys tick the boxes for me. Get them in black and very easy to maintain

These are very popular shoes. I know some people like the more formal style of shoe, that matches tailored trousers, but I don't understand how people can wear these for a four hour walk when you compare them to the modern light weight trainer style shoes.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried these and they were nice, but then I tried the spikeless version which has the boost foam layer for the full length of the sole. They are unbelievably comfy, like a pair of running shoes.

I have both styles ................................ and both are awesome.
Boost technology really does work superbly well.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Similar to above I have adipower boost 3s. Very comfy and still dry after maybe 2 years.

I got a pair of footjoy superlites around the same time and they lasted around 8 months before leaking. Plus they ain’t that comfy. Put me right off footjoys.

dronfield

Visit site
These are very popular shoes. I know some people like the more formal style of shoe, that matches tailored trousers, but I don't understand how people can wear these for a four hour walk when you compare them to the modern light weight trainer style shoes.

Agree re the weight compared to modern shoes, but in winter i want a shoe that is robust, waterproof and stable in wet/frosty conditions (as i played in today).
The trainer style shoes are great in summer, but i wouldnt feel confident wearing them in winter.

Rich

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Some of us prefer to sacrifice comfort for style. ;). Seriously though, I have a pair of Footjoy DryJoys which are fitted with Pro Stinger spikes exclusively for winter use. Comfortable, dry, robust and the Pro Stinger spikes really help the grip when the course is wet or icy.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've found the trainer style of shoes aren't always that great at keeping water out and in my opinion don't work great as a winter shoe. I've never really thought of them as a heavy shoe (certainly compared to something like an Icon)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ecco Strike, lightweight, comfortable, do wide fit, 2 year warranty, can be picked up for £140 which I think is excellent value, because if you buy cheap, they’ll fail, and you’ll pay twice, which as we all know, is a false economy.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ecco Strike, lightweight, comfortable, do wide fit, 2 year warranty, can be picked up for £140 which I think is excellent value, because if you buy cheap, they’ll fail, and you’ll pay twice, which as we all know, is a false economy.

This is the BEST post you've ever made, more sense than what you post in the "we're off" thread 😄😜

Ecco are a fantastic shoe and the Strike shoe incorporates GoreTex. Shop around I'm sure you can get them less than £140.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Nike vapor storm boot, or their more modern equivalent. Warm, dry, high top, to keep the crud out. Fantastic grip. What is not to like.

Ah, yes, they are dog ugly. Like mutant wellie boots.

I use mine as walking boots. Brilliant design. Just not necessarily for golf. Only on looks though.